Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Do you want to lose weight this year?



By the way,just a side note about the picture of the woman weighing. I saved this picture to my computer a few years ago, and I honestly don't remember where I found it. But it has become sort of my "stock" photo whenever I blog about weight loss.

Recently I used it with a Thursday Thirteen post, Thirteen Lifestyle Changes I'm Making Since Finding Out I'm Diabetic. I got this comment from John of Least Significant Bits:

"This is going to sound totally bizarre, but the lady in the photo at the top of this post weighing herself goes to the same church as Lovely Wife and I.

"She's a model and actress in commercials and her husband is a financial planner here in Melbourne, Florida...as I scrolled down, that picture of Katie stopped me in my tracks. She's also on a commercial for one of those little getaround wheelchair thingys and Lovely Wife and I cheer every time it comes on TV."

Is that cool, or what? Anyway, back to the title of my post:

Do you want to lose weight this year?

I've blogged already about how discovering I'm diabetic has motivated me as never before to get serious about health and fitness. But I wanted to let you know about some sites that are really inspirational in that regard...and ask you for yours as well!

Probably my favorite is the former The Amazing Shrinking Mom, now titled The Diet Naked Blog (now that's a title that's sure to generate some hits! :))

I love Melodee's writing style and approach to weight loss. And if you love before and after shots, you have to check out Mel's. The picture of her at her heaviest, contrasted with the picture of her this past Christmas Eve, is incredible.

Through Mel's blog, I found the site of this woman, who has gone from 296 to 129 pounds in three years. Amazing!

I've lost only 17 pounds and have a long way to go...but I take all the encouragement, advice and support I can get. What inspires and encourages you in your weight loss? Any websites I should know about that are of particular help? Let me know in my comments section, please!

5 comments:

Kay Day said...

I have a new blog I started on eating and health. I have kept off 60 pounds for 4 years or so.
Its at www.writeeating.blogspot.com

We talk about alternative health and all kinds of things. I am not an expert. Just sharing things I've learned along the way and what has worked for me.

Congrats on your weight loss!!

Cindy Swanson said...

Thanks, Kay! I'm definitely checking out your eating blog!

Ann-Marie said...

You have not "only" lost 17 pounds. YOU'VE LOST 17 POUNDS!!!

Congratulations! Every pound is a goal met! Way to go!

I, too, am starting the new year on a diet...specifically, the South Beach Diet - more for fertility, but hey, I'll take any weight-loss that occurs!

Randy Spradlin said...

Cindy,

17 pounds is terrific. What a start! My goal is to get back to my ideal weight. When I get serious, I can drop the pounds rather quickly. It's an attitude that has to be developed. It's not "Oh, I have to lose weight." For me, it's "I want to be healthy and make these changes to become that way." When I think of the latter it'll be easier for me to do it.

Don't under-estimate your progress! You're sticking with it and that is terrific in and of itself.

Randy

Ashley said...

Congratulations on your 17 pounds, Cindy! That's great!

Personally, I haven't had much success with losing any weight, but I'm hoping to change that this year. I'm consistently going to the gym once a week (except for when I'm sick), I just need to start doing more toning and strengthening exercises at home. (I know once a week doesn't sound like much, but I have to pay for childcare there, so that's all I can do right now.)

Oh, and food. That's a big deal. I generally eat healthy stuff; it's the portions that get me. I just love the taste and want more! I need to focus on more vegetables instead of meats and starches...

I love all the recommended sites people have mentioned. I'll be sure to check them out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails