Friday, January 04, 2008

The Authors Speak

...listen to Christian fiction writers talk about their work

I interviewed several Christian fiction authors during 2007, and often included sound clips on my blog. Here are some of the wonderful authors I talked with (each sound clip is around 2 minutes or less):

Liz Curtis Higgs




Here, Liz talks about how she wrote My Heart's in the Lowlands as if the reader was her traveling companion:








Deborah Raney



Here, Deborah talks about why she wrote Remember to Forget about domestic abuse:



Lisa Samson



Here, Lisa talks about the main character in Quaker Summer:



Sharon Hinck



Sharon Hinck talks about her book, The Restorer:






Randy Alcorn





Here, Randy talks about how he came to write Deadline:








Allison Bottke







In this sound clip, Allison Bottke, author of One Little Secret, encourages "boomer babes" to fulfill their long-held dreams:








Sandra Byrd




Here, Sandra explains that she doesn't really think of her book, Let Them Eat Cake, as "chick lit":






Francine Rivers





Here, one of my favorite authors, Francine Rivers, tells me about the novel she's currently writing:



Jeffrey Overstreet



In this sound clip, Jeffrey Overstreet talks about his novel, Auralia's Colors:

3 comments:

Juliet said...

Thanks for all the info. Will look up some of those books.

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

I really like the picture of Sharon Hinck. If I'm ever famous or quasi-famous and have to get an official head shot taken, I'm going to make sure that I'm holding a cup of coffee, too. It just let's the public know how much you love coffee. I might go one step better and have me holding a live chicken while wearing a sombrero.

So, anyway...just wanted to say, "thanks" for commenting on my blog recently and decided I'd stop by to take a look. Nice blog.

Mocha with Linda said...

Came over to take a look after reading today's Internet Cafe devotional. Loved looking at all the stuff about the books & authors. And the Evie info - I loved her when I was in high school! [ I'm old! :-) ]

Anyway, wanted to let you know about an incredible new book - you may already know of it, but I recommended it on my blog on Thursday (Jan 8).

Thanks for shining!

Related Posts with Thumbnails