Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Let it...snow?



OK, how fair is this...I'm the one who's sick, but my entire family gets to stay home today EXCEPT for me!?!

Yep, it's a snow day. Actually, I'm kind of surprised everyone cancelled school today, because it looks like the bulk of the snow is going to happen tonight before 2 AM. But who am I to argue with the powers that be?

My favorite Christmas presents

My husband gave me a beautiful Fossil watch, which I absolutely love. But have I told you how much I like my Black & Decker Home Cafe?

It's perfect for me, since I'm the only coffee-drinker in my immediate family. I just slip a "pod" of coffee in the machine, add water and in seconds I have a perfectly-brewed cup of coffee. No messy coffee grounds, no wasted coffee sitting around. I love it!

And I'm not even getting paid to say that.

Ashley's Food Meme

One of my favorite bloggers, Ashley, now has her own meme, Food for Thought,which I will now proceed to answer:

1. Do you eat any "traditional" foods on New Year's Day? If so, what are they and what significance do they hold?
I normally make black-eyed peas and cabbage on New Year's Day, but this year we attended a wedding on New Year's Day that included a sit-down dinner reception. So I didn't cook at all.

2. Do you cook your New Year's Day meal, go to someone else's house, or go to a restaurant?
Again, usually I cook a nice big meal at home, but the wedding altered our plans this year. Come to think of it, last year was different too...we were on our way to Boise, Idaho on New Year's Day, en route to my son Jonathan's wedding.


3. Do you have any New Year's resolutions (goals) regarding food? (For example, to eat less, to eat healthier, to plan better, etc.)
All of the above! I really liked an article I read in USA Today yesterday about how French women don't get fat, despite the fact that they eat delicious food. They eat slowly and savor every bite.

Challenge: I want to try one new recipe each month. Share a new recipe you've tried and really liked.

I blogged it earlier: this spinach salad that I had an office Christmas party and loved!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails