Thursday, January 06, 2005

So you want to write a book? JUST DO IT.


Robin Lee Hatcher

Of course, I'm preaching to myself here.

One of the great things about the blogosphere is the instant access to the wisdom and practical knowledge of published authors who blog. And one of my favorite author/bloggers is Christian fiction writer Robin Lee Hatcher. Robin's blog today features some great advice to first-time writers on getting past those writing hurdles.

My favorite quote: "Lots of people think they would like to write a book. They think about it, they talk about it, they just never do it. So the first rule is, plant your behind in the chair and write."

Robin's blog is lively and attractive and features her thoughts on a variety of things, not just writing.

Here are a few other of my favorite writer/bloggers:

Lisa Samson
BJ Hoff--currently on hiatus because of her husband's illness, but check out her archives for some invaluable stuff
Linda Hall

...and check out a few others listed in my blogroll in my sidebar.

Do you frequent any other author blogs you'd like to share? Let me know in my comments section...

Yet ANOTHER snow day!

I really can't remember the last time local schools had TWO consecutive snowdays. We really got hit with the white stuff. As usual though, faithful radio person that I am, I made it to work... with a lot of help from my husband. (He got to go home and go back to bed, but I'm trying not to be bitter about that. :))

And to those of you kind enough to ask, I am feeling a bit better today.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails