Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Quote o' The Day

"As to why I read any book more than once--it's because I've been drawn into the book's world, become a part of the characters' lives--characters too vivid, too real, too engaging to ever forget. And it's because the author told me a story that took up occupancy in my heart and in my memories--a story that became a part of me, just as I once became of part of the story. Always, it goes back to the characters, the people who 'literally' got under my skin!"--Author B.J. Hoff

B.J. posted today on books she's read more than once, and she perfectly articulated why I re-read certain books as well.

Here are some I've read...and read...and read:

Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte
Villette, by Charlotte Bronte
Wuthering Heights, by Emily Bronte
Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen
Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott
The Chronicles of Narnia, by C. S. Lewis

I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them right off the bat. Some of them I read on a fairly regular basis. I'll think, "Well, it's about time to read 'Jane Eyre' again," and I do it. Weird?

By the way, it's been years since I've read B.J.'s "Emerald Ballad" series. I'm currently working on buying the entire series, and you can bet I'll re-read them.

Are there any that you've read more than once?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails