Monday, January 02, 2012

2012: The Year of the Healthy Lifestyle


This poem kind of says it all:

Twas the month after Christmas,
and all through the house,
Nothing would fit me,
not even a blouse.

The cookies I'd nibbled,
the eggnog I'd taste,
At the holiday parties,
had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scales,
there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store,
(less a walk than a lumber).

I'd remember the marvelous,
meals I'd prepared;
The gravies and sauces,
and beef nicely rared,

The wine and the rum balls,
the bread and the cheese,
And the way I'd never said,
"No, thank you, please."

As I dressed myself,
in my husband's old shirt,
And prepared once again,
to do battle with dirt,

I said to myself,
as I only can
"You can't spend a winter
disguised as a man!"

So-away with the last,
of the sour cream dip,
Get rid of the fruit cake,
every cracker and chip.

Every last bit of food,
that I like must be banished
Till all the additional,
ounces have vanished.

I won't have a cookie,
not even a lick.
I'll want only to chew,
on a long celery stick.

I won't have hot biscuits,
or corn bread, or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot,
and quietly cry.

I'm hungry, I'm lonesome,
and life is a bore-
But isn't that what,
January is for?

But...

It doesn't have to be that way! You don't have to be "hungry, lonesome and bored" with exchanging and unhealthy lifestyle for a healthy one.

In fact, I know by experience that it's much more rewarding and satisfying to make healthy food choices and exercise regularly!

As a Type 2 Diabetic, I've been lax for the past several weeks. That changed, as of New Year's Day. And you know what? I'm EXCITED about it!

You'll probably notice more posts on this blog encouraging and providing tips and info for health, weight loss and fitness.

Who's with me?

3 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

So sad, so true! But, I am out of the gate with fierce determination! I have walked every day for five days in a row...it's a start!

Cindy Swanson said...

Good for you, Pam! You are an inspiration!

divine lifestyle said...

So true :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails