Thursday, January 05, 2012

Thirteen Things Going On in My Corner of the Blogosphere


It's been a while since I've spread some link love, so I'm taking the Thursday Thirteen link-up as an opportunity to do so!

Here we go, in no particular order:

1) Nouveau Cheap has compiled a list of the best new inexpensive beauty products of 2011-- a list I plan to consult the next time I head to the drugstore!

2) With eating right being one of my goals for 2012, I'm loving this website, Skinnytaste.  I've bookmarked several of Gina's healthy recipes that I can't wait to try!

3) On a serious note: My friend Joel Griffith of The Seventh Sola is asking for prayer for Calvary Chapel pastor Chuck Smith, who has been diagnosed with lung cancer.

4) Yet another recipe I want to try: Mrs. Amber Apple's reduced-calorie banana bread.  Because what else can you do with those bananas that are getting too ripe to eat?

5) You think being a published author is glamorous?  Think again, says writer Robin Lee Hatcher:

"Remember the opening scene in Romancing the Stone, where the romance writer finishes her book, then staggers out of her office to find she has nothing to eat in the fridge and no toilet paper, etc.? Yeah, it really is like that."
6) Not to toot my own horn, but don't forget I have a book blog, Cindy's Book Club, where I'm currently reviewing Robin Parrish's spine-tingling Nightmare.


7)  The Biggest Loser host Alison Sweeney is encouraging us to get out of our comfort zone and try something new.

8) Simone at The Bottom of the Ironing Basket has some lovely and inspiring thoughts on happiness.  And yes, I borrowed this picture of Patrick Dempsey, because I wanted you to look at this post! :)  There's a method to my madness!

9)  I'm a big fan of Over50Feeling40 anyway, but I really enjoyed this post about being a newsgatherer for your blog!  Love Pam's tips on interviewing.

10)  I only own one of Samantha Chapman's Real Techniques make-up brushes, but I love it!  Here, Sam  (of Pixiwoo) directs us to tutorials on how to use the brushes.

11)  I have great admiration for Trisha of The Good Life, and I love the things her family is doing to welcome in the new year.  Definitely worthy of emulating!

12)  From Patti at Not Dead Yet Style, an informative post about the items that make or break your look.


13)  Is one of your 2012 goals to get your house in order?  Rachel Anne at Home Sanctuary has been blogging about setting up a housekeeping schedule that works in real life.




Linking up today to Thursday Thirteen--join the fun!

4 comments:

Mia Celeste said...

I don't know anything about the Over 50 feeling 40 but it sounds intriguing. Happy TT!

http://otherworlddiner.blogspot.com/2012/01/want-to-improve-your-writing-thirteen.html

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Aw, Cindy, thanks so much!! What an honor to be mentioned in this list! I am going to check them out..I am in need of healthy low cal recipes so that one really catches my eye! You are the best and I love your blog!!

Robin Lee Hatcher said...

Cindy, I'm typing this on my iPad while going 3 mph on my treadmill. See how glamorous this writing life is. LOL! Seriously, thanks for sharing the link. Robin

Anonymous said...

This is a fresh, New Yearsy kind of link list.

Related Posts with Thumbnails