Monday, January 16, 2012

Visible Monday: Beachy Waves Hair on a Winter Day


It's 40 degrees with snow on the ground where I live, but that didn't stop me from wanting "beachy waves" today.

 I subscribe to Kate Bryan's Small Things Blog, watched her tutorial for loose "beachy" waves this morning, and thought "Why can't I try that?

So I did, and I think it came out OK! Not as awesome as Kate's of course, but her hair is just amazing.

That's one thing I've started doing just in the past couple of years--watching YouTube tutorials on everything from hairstyles to make-up to scarf-tying.  If I'm to be the best "woman of a certain age" I can be, then I need to stay on top of things.

There's no way I can look just like the young girls, nor would I even want to try.  But if there are some tips and tricks I can pick up, and some new looks I can adapt to my style, why not?




I'm  wearing an Ann Taylor Loft Outlet black V-neck here, but I thought I'd liven it up with a necklace I usually wear in the summertime.


Here's one side-view of the beachy hair.  No, it doesn't look as perfect as Kate's, but hey--if I was really on a beach it would look much worse than that! :)



And just to bring us back down to earth, this is what it actually looked like outside my house when I left for work this morning.  I have to say I love my red coat that I got at Macy's a couple of years ago.  It's stadium-length, warm and cozy, and brightens up even the dreariest winter days.  The scarf I got last year at Wal-Mart for 5 dollars...love it too!

I'm linking up with Visible Monday, hosted by Not Dead Yet Style--join the fun by clicking on the icon!




Join us! Click the Spotlight

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i like it , i think your hair look super cute and u look stunning, lovely blog, britters89.blogspot.com

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Cindy, you look beautiful in the top photo!! Your hair is gorgeous. I love to learn from younger girls...I think we should all be learning from each other no matter the age!! I love your jewelry and red coat!!

helen tilston said...

Hello Cindy

I love your hair. It is shiny and the beautiful soft curls. You look cheerful and happy and no doubt brought joy to all who met with you today.
Have a great week

Helenxx

PS I am heading over to your friend's blog H

Patti said...

Your hair looks wonderful, Cindy - hooray for you for trying new things you learned at YouTube! I watch the Curly-Girl videos too and pick up some good ideas. Love your bright red coat. Thanks so much for participating in Visible Monday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails