Sunday, January 08, 2012

Visible Monday: What I Wore to a Winter Wedding


Jacket: Macy's clearance
Shell:  Gordman's
Skirt: Notations from Gordman's
Shoes--Victor, Bergner's clearance

OK, so I'm having a tough time figuring out the best way to take my own Outfit of the Day picture with my trusty little point-and-shoot. (Yes, I cut off the top of my head.)

 I do have a little tripod now that attaches to my camera, so I can perch it on things and self-take my picture. 

 However, I guess I'll never get those awesome magazine-quality shots that many of you get with your wonderful SLRs (not that I'm covetous or bitter. :))

Anyway...this is what I wore to the wedding of a co-worker Saturday.

I love the dark turquoise velvet jacket.  I got it last week on a 75% off clearance rack at Macy's...it was just under $15.00.  Saturday was unseasonably warm for Northern Illinois, so I didn't even have to wear a coat!

I love the way the jacket flares out in an almost peplum-fashion...it's flattering. 


I fiddled with some effects here to let you see just how pretty the color of the jacket is.



Here is my make-up look for the day.  (I once again broke fashion rules by wearing eye-shadow the color of my jacket.)

 On the lid I'm wearing  Estee Lauder Peacock Blue.
  On the crease (which you can't really see), I have black ELF shadow.  
Under the brow is something I'm loving, that my Clinique-selling daughter gave me for Christmas (among many other Clinique treasures!) It's an under-the-brow illuminator that gives just the right touch of shimmer for a fancy occasion. 
Mascara is Estee Lauder Sumptuous in black.
Eyeliner is (under eyes) Estee Lauder pencil liner, (above eye) ELF eyeliner.
Foundation is Estee Lauder Double Wear in Fresco.
Blush is MAC Mineralize in Gentle.
Lipstick is Estee Lauder Pure Color in Candy.
Lip gloss is Clinique Longlast Glosswear in Bamboo Pink.

Do you ladies have any ideas on other things I can do with this velvet jacket? This is the only way I've worn it...ideas are welcome!

I'm participating today in Visible Monday, hosted by Not Dead Yet Style...click on the icon to join the fun!



9 comments:

Adrienne Shubin said...

That is a beautiful wedding look...and your makeup looks great - like it was professionally done.

I would try your velvet jacket with some jeans - black tank top, black heels or booties and a piece of chunky jewelry.

Unknown said...

You look so pretty! Love the blue velvet jacket. I was going to say the same as Adrienne...dress up some jeans for a dressy/casual look.

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Cindy, this is beautiful! The color is great for you and I love the jacket. It is perfect for a winter wedding and you can do so many other things with this jacket..I would wear it with jeans for sure!!

Kim, USA said...

I so love your make-up you are gorgeous!!! Thanks for the visit and I am following. ^_^

Kim, USA

Patti said...

This new jacket is gorgeous - and I agree with the other posters - you could definitely wear it with jeans and boots for a great look. Thanks so much for participating in Visible Monday, too!

Unknown said...

Cindy, first of all, you look so pretty! Your make up is just flawless...and I love what you did with your eyes. I'm not so great with make up and I always admire someone who is adept at it! Secondly, I guess I'm on board with everyone else....straight leg jeans and a white blouse with a great necklace would be great with this jacket. Belted would work great too! I could also see it with a pair of tan denim pants. I think that would be a great look too! Hmmmm....or if you had a flowy oversized silk blouse that you could put under it to fall below the jacket and then a great belt! I'm really liking that idea! Can't wait to see how you wear it again! So glad to have found you!!! (or you found me, but now I've found you!) Hugs! Serene

Stacey said...

So beautiful! I love teal and I think it's totally fun to wear the same color makeup as your outfit. You still pull it off with so much grace.

Anonymous said...

the jacket is a lovely color and looks great with the dress. Love the flirty hem on the dress. I'm impressed by your use of makeup--as I have no idea how to make myself up. Thanks for visiting Rags.

Kay Day said...

Beautiful outfit! I love the jacket and I would wear it with everything!

Related Posts with Thumbnails