Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Word Out Wednesday


Arizona Sugar Free Pomegranate Green Tea Powder Mix

Before I found out I'm diabetic, I would occasionally enjoy a bottle of Arizona Pomegranate Green Tea. I loved the flavor, and liked the thought that the drink contained antioxidants that were actually good for me.

Since "D-Day"--the fateful day I found out about my soaring blood sugar--I've completely sworn off pop of any kind, regular or diet, and any drink that contains a lot of sugar. I do drink gallons of water, but sometimes you yearn for something with flavor.

My solution has been to brew green tea and add sugar-free powdered drink mix to make 2 quarts of liquid. I'll boil my smallest pot full of water and add three tea-bags...sometimes I'll use all green teabags, sometimes I'll use two green teabags and a flavored teabag of some kind (like Celestial Seasonings True Blueberry or Lipton White Tea with Blueberry and Pomegranate.) The powdered drink mix is anything from fruit-punch to orange-banana-strawberry to raspberry lemonade.

This has worked very well for me and my daughter. It hits the spot when we want something with more taste than plain old H2O, and the green tea may have some genuine health benefits.

Well, now I've found a terrific alternative. I can't find Arizona sugar-free pomegranate green tea in bottles or cans--only the sugared variety--but I have recently found the powdered drink mix! This saves me the step of brewing the green tea--the green tea is already in it. And the pomegranate taste is truly delicious and refreshing.

I've decided I will probably continue to make my own green tea drink, but I'll have the pomegranate stuff on hand as well. It's nice to have choices, especially when my dietary choices are often limited!

About Word Out Wednesday...



Word Out Wednesday originated with The Adventures of Wondermommy. I encourage you to join her too! All you have to do is post about something you want to "get the word out" about--it can be anything. If you participate, be sure and check back here to give your link.

Joining Word Out Wednesday for the first time today is Tracie of Shade Tree Crochet.

I'm at the Internet Cafe today...



I'd love for you to read my post there. I talk about how interviewing a man who survived a brutal knife attack made me think about forgiveness.

3 comments:

wondermommy said...

Thanks for posting this. My dad is a diabetic, so he would probably like this, too.

Ann-Marie said...

My husband LOVES pomegranate-flavored things, too!

(Did you know the ancient Greeks used to believe eating it would act as birth control? Maybe THAT'S why we can't get pregnant! :-)

Terry Lange said...

Thanks for the tip. I will look for it in the supermarket.

Related Posts with Thumbnails