Thursday, April 03, 2008

13 Signs that Winter has Been Too Long, by Cindy Swanson



Yep, these are original...I actually wrote them myself because I'm SO SICK of winter!
Thankfully, today is fairly nice--a high temp of around 51, which is positively tropical. Thank you, Lord!

Here we go:

1. On Easter Sunday, you were wearing a fur coat...even though you're a card-carrying member of PETA.

2. Your furnace has been running steadily since Halloween.

3. You have no idea where your spring decorations are--the Christmas decorations still seem more appropriate.

4. You've been saving a lot of money on pedicures, because who sees your feet when you're wearing boots?

5. And you haven't shaved your legs since Labor Day.

6. Your skin is so pale that your husband couldn't find you in the snow the other day.

7. Robin? What's a robin?

8. You haven't had a salad in months, because they make you feel chilled.

9. You took pictures of your family cavorting in the snow for next year's Christmas cards--on Easter Sunday.

10. You constantly find yourself humming the Relient K song, Always Winter but Never Christmas.



11. March came in like a lion...and went out like a lion.

12. You had to buy another window ice-scraper because the first one disintegrated from so much use.

13. You had to buy another winter coat because you wore the first one out.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



11 comments:

Pretty Life Online said...

Great list here! Happy TT! Hope you'll visit mine too...

Smarty Pants Mama said...

Too funny! I can't relate though - I like in sunny South Florida! The winter is my favorite part here, it isn't a zillion degrees like it is during the summer!
Smiles,
Caroline
Come visit my blog!
SmartyPantsMama.blogspot.com

Malcolm said...

This has been one of the rougher winters in recent memory. It seemed like every week we were getting 2-3 inches of snow! By the way, I haven't been shaving my legs either.

KW said...

I can relate to #5! It's been raining for a week and a half off and on here and I am so ready for warmer weather!

Mine is up at http://katskrackerbox.wordpress.com/2008/04/03/thursday-thirteen-34-i/

Jane said...

I felt like I could have written the same post. I hail from London, Ontario and we are still getting rid of our 10 foot high dirty piles of snow. But I was able to take a picture last Thursday of my snowdrops (ironically still surrounded by snow)that have bravely decided winter is on the wane. (Posted one of the pix for Wordless Wednesday)

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

This was a great list! I can't relate to it much, but it was a great list! I have one on my blog that is sort of opposite of this one!

Thanks for reminding me of the "Duane" knock, knock joke! I had forgotten about it!

Solameanie said...

The sun so hot, I froze to death, Suzanna don't you cry. :)

Ann-Marie said...

These are brilliant, Cindy! You are SO right. I personally love winter and cold weather, but even I'm ready to see the sun!

Gattina said...

I agree with you ! I am also fat up of winter I think I was born on the wrong side of the world !

Kay Day said...

I love it!! Great list! I actually love winter and am not looking forward to summer at all, really. That's what my TT was about, too. The opposite of yours.

elementary historyteacher said...

Our weather in Georgia can't seem to make up its mind. I'm ready for warm as well.

Thanks for your kind words at Got Bible! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails