Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Do I know God?






"You and I were created by God to know him, plain and simple. Every single human being was designed--hard-wired--specifically to be in relationship to God...If we were honest, we would admit that deep down we sense something necessary is missing. We sense a homesickness we can't explain. The truth is, only when the distance between us and God is bridged can we experience the fullness, the homecoming--and the certainty--we earnestly seek."--Tullian Tchividjian


Getting the word out about a new book by Tullian Tchividjian

(Updated 4/10/08 to add links to sound clips)

It was my pleasure to interview Tullian Tchividjian today about his book, Do I Know God? Finding Certainty in Life's Most Important Relationship.

Growing up as the grandson of Billy Graham, Tullian was no stranger to Christianity---he saw it modeled genuinely, with plenty of love and grace, in his own home. But he still went through a period of rebellion before really committing to God.


You can hear a 5 and a half minute excerpt here.


And it's also today's edition of Word Out Wednesday:




If you'd like to participate in Word Out Wednesday, simply post on your blog about ANYTHING you want to "get the word out" about. Then head to Adventures of Wondermommy and sign the Mr. Linky there.

Keith Green as an 11-year-old?


Darren Marlar sent me this fascinating video of the late Christian singer Keith Green as an 11-year-old guest on the show, "I've Got a Secret." I would never have recognized him!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got something for you at A Cup of Joy...a thank you for cheering me up while I was sick with my cold...please stop by for it.

acupofjoy.wordpress.com

Crystal said...

Hi, I asked my hubby and he said he'd love that email. You can send it to drh7900[at]gmail[dot]com

Thanks! :)

wondermommy said...

great WOW post!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Hi, Cindy. Thanks for visiting my blog again! Yes, Michael W. Smith is very nice! And he was very cute, too!

I really, really like your blog. I look forward to spending more time here.

I would really love for you to come join in "Ten Things Tuesday" over at my blog. I think you would have a lot to add to the little growing "community"!

I'm anxious to further examine some of these links you gave in this awesome TT!

Related Posts with Thumbnails