Thursday, April 24, 2008

13 60s and 70s TV actresses I wished I looked like

I was not a beautiful junior high school student. Let's just say I went through a severe awkward stage. I can vividly remember watching TV shows in the 60's and 70's and wishing I looked like some of those actresses. Here are 13 of them:

Marlo Thomas--"That Girl"




Barbara Eden--"I Dream of Jeannie"




Tina Cole--My Three Sons



Peggy Lipton--The Mod Squad



Maureen McCormick--The Brady Bunch


Barbara Feldon--Get Smart


Sally Field--Gidget and The Flying Nun


Mary Tyler Moore--The Dick Van Dyke Show and The Mary Tyler Moore Show


Elizabeth Montgomery--Bewitched



Meredith McRae--Petticoat Junction


Linda Kaye Henning--Petticoat Junction



Lori Saunders--Petticoat Junction



Donna Douglas--The Beverly Hillbillies

12 comments:

Denise Patrick said...

While I loved a lot of those shows, I'm not sure I ever wanted to look like any of them. LOL But, I really wanted Samantha's and Jeannie's powers - now I could have done some serious damage with those!

Happy TT!

SandyCarlson said...

All beautiful women who populated my childhood, too!

Nicholas said...

MTM and Barbara Feldon.... Sigh!!

Solameanie said...

While she only had a short career, I think singer and occasional TV star Bobby Gentry (Ode to Billy Joe) was lovely.

Ann-Marie said...

My mom's old photos look JUST like Marlo Thomas!!! I never knew!

(Of course, she's still beautiful - they both are, actually)

Juliet said...

Wow!! Thanks you Ann-Marie..of course you are a little prejudice. I wished I was skinny like them.

Seriously, Cindy I have always thought of you as a beautiful women.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I liked Tina Cole and Elizabeth Montgomery, maybe because I was blonde. I didn't like Marcia Brady's teeth. Did you receive your book yet? Did you watch LOST?! I have a new theory ...

Kay Day said...

My sister has frequently been told that she looks like Sally Field.

I loved Katy on My Three Sons. I also loved the Katy, (I think) on Hee Haw. Out of all those girls on Hee Haw, she's the one I liked. :)

My TT was retro, too! Seemed to be a theme this week.

Randy Spradlin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Randy Spradlin said...

Cin,

From a guys perspective my list had a few although I never went through an awkward stage. Guy Williams (Lost In Space), Chuck Connors (The Rifleman), Michael Douglas, and ultimately Peter Strauss without question. I wouldn't mind his bankroll either! Ha. However, God made us who we are and I've come to terms with that! We all grow older and without it being a cliche, God looks upon the heart.

Be well,

Randy

Speedcat Hollydale said...

What a great post ... I love these nostalgia types! All of your picks are great, but I have to say, "Mary Tyler Moore" was my fav. Even when I was a teen, I had a BIG crush on her.

Hello from Speedy :~)

Sherry said...

Oh, I wanted my hair to lie down and look stringy and FLAT like Peggy Lipton, instead of bushy and full like my normal hair. However, I also wanted black hair and green eyes. I think I would have looked more like Morticia on The Addams Family had I gotten all my wishes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails