Friday, October 22, 2004

Woo hoo! It's Friday...



...and random thoughts are floating through my Friday brain...

Actor Talks about Voting


Go to Redeem the Vote to see video of Jim Caviezel talking about the importance of voting.

Writer Talks About Writing
I'm really enjoying the blogs of some my favorite writers, including Linda Hall's. As someone with aspirations to write fiction, it's helpful for me to glean wisdom from these writers.

Linda blogs about writing fiction as ministry: "Yes, writing novels is my ministry, but cooking dinner is my ministry, and so is doing laundry and writing thank you cards and singing in church and having coffee with a friend at Starbucks and writing emails and teaching my fiction class at the university and writing my (so-called) secular mystery short stories and even writing in this blog. These are ministry. My whole life is ministry. Everything I do is, or should be acts of worship to God."

Good words. I was also interested to see that Linda doesn't outline her novels in detail before writing them: "I have to start writing and then let the story take me where it will. The one I’m finishing up today began with a line – one line flitted into my thinking and I wrote it down:
‘Rose’s mother died by climbing to the top of the lighthouse and throwing herself off.’
That’s all I had. And the only way I was going to get more was to begin writing."

Reading these writers' blogs is a great way to learn about the craft.

By the way, you can read my review of Linda's "Sadie's Song" here.

And time to answer the Friday Feast quiz...

Join me, won't you? Either here in my comments section or on your own blog...

Appetizer
Name 3 things that you are wearing today.--A royal blue blouse, a long black skirt and black shoes.

Soup
Who was the last person you hugged?--My hubby.

Salad
What do you like to order from your favorite fast food place?--Ah, yes, BeefARoo. I love many things on their menu, but among my faves are the Cobb Salad and their tortilla soup. Yummm....

Main Course
What time of day do you usually feel most energized?--Around 6 AM...after I've had my coffee but before it hits me how tired I really am. :)

Dessert
Using the letters in your first name, write a sentence. (Example: Sweet unusual spaniels are nice.)--Caring Individuals Never Desert You.

Everyone, have a blessed and awesome weekend!






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails