Monday, October 11, 2004

Serendipity is an unexpected French Toast Casserole...

This morning, a listener brought pans of fresh-out-of-the-oven French Toast Casserole to us for breakfast. It's the most delicious breakfast casserole I've ever had the pleasure of sinking my teeth into. Yes, fat- and calorie-wise it's probably the equivalent of Death by French Toast, but it was worth it!

Many thanks to Corrie for bringing it to us, and for sharing the recipe:

French Toast Casserole

1 1/2 stick of Butter
1 1/2 cups of Brown Sugar
Cinnamon
1 Loaf of Bread
2 cups of Milk
6 eggs

Melt 1 1/2 sticks of butter
Stir in 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon to make a paste substance
pour into bottom of a 9 1/2 X 13 pan
Cut crust off of bread (give crust to birds :))
Align bread in pan making 2 layers
In a separate bowl mix 2 cups of milk
1 tsp. of cinnamon
6 eggs
Pour mixture over bread in pan; cover and refrigerate overnight.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes; till top has raised a bit and looks brown.

The adult Sunday School class my husband teachers occasionally has brunches, and you can bet this will be my next dish-to-pass.

Some excellent thoughts on marriage...

...in Real Live Preacher's blog: "If we want our relationship to grow and remain meaningful, then we must work at it. If we put our marriage on auto-pilot, we will give the very best of ourselves to the children and to our vocations, leaving nothing but tattered scraps for ourselves."

RLP's post today is all about things we already knew, but need to be reminded of now and then.



Time once again for Monday Madness...




I now answer the Monday Madness quiz, and as always I invite you to do the same...either on my comments section, or on your own blog!

Name 3 things....

1....your ideal salad has on it.--dark green lettuce (to go along with the iceberg lettuce I assume is the basis; cucumbers and tomatoes...but just three is not enough!

2....you do religiously in the morning.
--pray, brush my teeth, have COFFEE.

3....you look forward to doing in your spare time.--Reading, going out with my husband, watching the occasional DVD--(this past weekend it was The Bone Collector with Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie...can't believe I've never seen it!

4....you've never done before, but think you will at some point in your life.--Go to Ireland (I hope!), write a book, learn to speak Spanish.

5....you love to do while on vacation.--See beautiful scenery or exciting new cities...visit with family members...sleep in!

6....you took pictures of in the last month.
--Wow...I can't believe I didn't take any pictures at all during the past month. In fact, I haven't taken any pictures since August, and they were all of family members in Texas. See, I don't actually own a camera...I just buy the disposable ones. I really would like to get a good digital camera.

7....you have to do before the end of the day.--Voice-over work, try to squeeze a small nap in somewhere, throw together some supper for my family before heading to special services at my church tonight.

8....you like about your best friend.--I actually have two best friends, not counting my husband. They are my two sisters. I like so many things about them, it's hard to narrow it down to three, but I'll try:

--they are incredibly supportive.
--they are amazingly generous.
--they are HILARIOUS.

I could go on, and on, and on...



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails