Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The very best taco soup recipe ever



What would I do without Linda of 2nd Cup of Coffee? Not only is she simpatico with me on so many levels, she always comes up with great memes when I need direction for a blog post!

This time, Linda is encouraging bloggers to share their favorite fall comfort foods in what she's calling Fall Into Flavor.

So here's my entry. If it looks familiar, it's because I've shared it more than once here. Not only is it tasty, the beans are very good for you (hey, pop some Bean-o before you eat if you anticipate a problem! :)), it was originally a Weight Watchers recipe. So it's points-friendly as well as healthy. Just don't tell your family that. I promise you, they will LOVE it...and they'll never guess it's not fattening!

TACO SOUP

1 pound very lean ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
1 large can Mexican-style Ro-Tel Tomatoes
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 can chili beans
1 can corn
1 packet Taco seasoning mix
1 packet Ranch style dressing mix

Brown the beef with the chopped onion; drain. Add other ingredients; DO NOT DRAIN beans and corn.

Cook and simmer until all the flavors are nicely mixed. You might want to serve with some shredded cheddar for sprinkling over the top.

You could also make this in the crockpot (brown the ground beef first, of course), and come home from work or church to a ready-made meal.

3 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I copied it to try. Thanks!

Teena in Toronto said...

Sounds yummy!

Ashley said...

Sounds very close to mine - even down to the taco seasoning mix and the dry Ranch mix. One thing different is I add a can of hominy to mine. (I've always loved hominy!)

As for favorite fall comfort foods... there are so many!
1. My husband's chili (with garlic cheese biscuits on the side)
2. Baked Potato Soup (with some crusty Asiago Cheese Bread from Panera)
3. Chicken & Dumplings

And a new find: Creamy Tomato Basil Soup with some cheesy garlic bread or grilled cheese sandwiches on the side.

I'll be updating my recipe blog soon... :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails