Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday Melange


Hiro...one of my favorite "Heroes"

A plethora of interesting links for you to check out...

--My own problems with this season of "Heroes" are addressed in this article...along with suggestions to fix the problems

--Meantime, are you missing "Lost"? Here's a sneak preview of the 2009 season

--Is popular urban-legend/email hoax-debunker Snopes.com "in the tank" for Obama? An e-mail now circulating, as well as bloggers like this, says Snopes can't be trusted on Obama...but another fact-checking site, Truth or Fiction.com, is condemning the anti-Snopes rumor. What do you think?

--The Hallmark Channel will air a sequel to Angela Hunt's The Note (hat tip to Angela's A Life in Pages.) Unlike "The Note," Angela has nothing to do with the sequel, but she does say she read the script and liked it.

--Still not sure who you're going to vote for? This site tells you where candidates stand on the issues that are important to you.

--Very much enjoyed my phone interview Friday with Auralia's Colors and Cyndere's Midnight author Jeffrey Overstreet...I'll be blogging about it shortly.

--Taco Bell is giving away free tacos for a certain period of time tomorrow (Tuesday.)

--This tribute from a man to his grandmother touched my heart...and made me realize the huge impact a grandmother can have on a life.

--Better Homes and Gardens has launched 100 Days of Holidays--"packed with great holiday recipes, craft and decorating ideas and more." (Hat tip to Dena Dyer.)

--I didn't contribute to Fall into Flavor this week, but be sure and go check out the posts by people who did!

Go out and have a wonderful Monday.

5 comments:

Randy Spradlin said...

Cin,

Thanks for writing about Gordon Jensen on my blog. I've known Gordon for many many years. Talk about a guy that lives for God! I've had many musical influences in my life. The two greatest of all to me is definitely Gordon along with Dallas Holm.

FYI, Gordon remembers F.O.G. in Rockford. He even asked me where Barry was. I told him. We all know that Barry lived in Canada for awhile, so did Gordon.

Thanks again,

Randy

SmilingSally said...

Cindy, you've been Boo-ed! Come find out what that means. :-O

Ann-Marie said...

I haven't followed Heroes since Season 1, but I did catch the episode last night. I think I agree with the critics - too many heroes and villains! Also, there was a HIGH level of cheesy performances - last night anyway. To my surprise.

I do think the actress who plays Claire's adopted mother is EXCELLENT! And I loved Greg G. in Alias, but he's just not flourishing here AT ALL. I almost want his character to die, and I know I'm not supposed to! Oh well...maybe it'll get better.

Cathy said...

I think Snopes IS in the tank for Obama, joining most all the media. Thanks for visiting today, Cindy. :o)

Donna-Jean Breckenridge said...

Always good things, Cindy! Thanks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails