Thursday, October 09, 2014

Gracefully Aging, Day 9: YouTuber Miss Tammy

Miss Tammy of Uppiesbeads59
A few years ago I was newly unemployed and had plenty of time on my hands.

Searching YouTube for a video on how to use velcro rollers, I discovered the wonderful world of YouTube beauty tutorials.

The only problem was that most of the girls doing the tutorials were young enough to be my daughter!  I continue to learn a lot from them about style and technique, but I really wanted to find someone closer to my own age who could relate to the unique needs of aging skin.


Miss Tammy (or "uppiesbeads59," as her channel is called) fit the bill perfectly.  I think she's a few years younger than I, but she knows all about the things we women-of-a-certain age are going through, and she's all about aging gracefully, beautifully and elegantly.

And as a professional aesthetician, she can give knowledgeable and practical advice.

Not only that, she's funny and has a great personality. She often slips off into a foreign accent that's so cute...I don't know if it's real or just for fun.

Masks, smoothies and hair

Miss Tammy is a big believer in facial masks.  I had never paid much attention to masks before, but thanks to her I now use them on a semi-regular basis.

She also shares smoothie recipes on a regular basis, being a believer in the health and anti-aging benefits of such drinks.

Miss Tammy has a glorious mane of shining, healthy long hair.  She's not one who believes that as soon as you turn 40, you have to chop all your hair off.  She's a fanatic about shiny hair, though, and is always sharing products to help you acheive that.

She also does make-up videos that are ideally suited to women of a certain age.

If you've been looking for a more mature (but still gorgeous!) beauty tutorialist, do check out uppiesbead59.

I'll leave you with a video of Miss Tammy demonstrating how to wear your hair in a chic side bun.






I'm participating in "31 Days: A Writing Challenge,"  in which I 'll be blogging on the subject of Gracefully Aging every day during the month of October.  Click the button below for more information and links to each post as they become available!




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails