Monday, August 21, 2006

Monday Madness

You know the drill. Answer the Monday Madness questions here or on your own blog (and happy Monday, by the way :)):



1. Would you shave your head for any amount of money? If yes, how much? My knee-jerk response was an unequivocal "no." My hair is so much a part of who I am, I would hate to lose it for any reason. Then I thought: hey, hair grows back. And wigs nowadays look pretty good. And I could certainly use the money for college tuitions and a host of other things. So, OK. For 1-million bucks, I'd go the Demi-Moore-in-GI-Jane-route. :)

2. What "whacky" thing might you do for a large sum of money?Well, I've just said I'd shave my head for a million bucks. That's probably as "whacky" as I'm willing to go.

3. What do you think is a "large sum of money?"--I know a million dollars isn't nearly as much as it used to be, but it's still "a large sum of money" to me. So, a cool mill.

4. Do you watch "reality" tv shows?--I'm totally over the ones where people sit around in houses together acting ridiculous or just being inanely boring. But I admit to loving "American Idol" and "The Apprentice."

5. If so, which do you watch and in what order do you prefer them? If not, are there any you may consider watching?--See #4.

6. Which reality show have you thought about participating in? Why? None.

7. Share one thing you would like to do in life but have not yet done..... think about why you haven't done it and share if you wish. I'd like to write a fiction book and have it published. That's always been a dream of mine, but interestingly enough, the more I communicate with some of my favorite authors (and the internet has made that wonderfully possible), the more I doubt that I have what it takes to do that.

Writing top-notch fiction books is not for the lazy or easily discouraged--both of which I have a tendency to be. Good writers put a great deal of time and work into their craft. They also face rejection on a regular basis.

The more I think about it, the more I think maybe I'm like the sportswriter who wanted to be an NFL player but couldn't make the grade. So instead of playing sports, he writes or talks about them. Maybe I'm destined to point people to the wonderful fiction writers, not write wonderful fiction.

But I haven't ruled it out.

My other great dream: to go to Ireland. The only thing standing in my way is a lack of money. So, does anyone want me to shave my head?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails