Friday, June 20, 2008

Jimmy Moore is Livin' La Vida Low-Carb





I'm absolutely convinced the low-carb lifestyle is the way I should eat for the rest of my long and healthy life! It may be what's right for YOU, too!--Jimmy Moore, Livin' La Vida Low-Carb



When you lose 180 pounds in one year--and perhaps more importantly, manage to keep it off for three-plus years--people listen to you.

It's no wonder people flock to Jimmy Moore's Livin' La Vida Low-Carb blog, because that's exactly what he did. Jimmy went from a jaw-dropping 410 pounds to 230 pounds (he's 6'3" tall), shrinking his waist size 20 inches and going from a 5XL shirt size to an XL. How did he do it? Well, pretty much with the Atkins diet plan.

There's no question the low-carb lifestyle has worked for Jimmy, and he is a staunch defender of the plan. I was recently able to interview Jimmy Moore for my radio interview show.

I asked him what provided the final "click" that galvanized him to take the first step in his weight loss journey. In this soundclip, he tells me it was really a combination of things--including a couple of humiliating incidents.

In this soundclip, Jimmy says there are a lot of misconceptions about the Atkins style of dieting.

You can hear the entire interview here.

Jimmy is also the author of Livin' La Vida Low-Carb: My Journey from Flabby Fat to Sensationally Skinny in One Year.

Today, Jimmy Moore turned the tables on me and interviewed me for his online radio show! I was able to share how I've revolutionized my eating and made exercise a regular part of my life since being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes this past September.

*****

One more thing to tell you: I'm blogging today at the Internet Cafe. Check it out when you get a moment!

Have a blessed weekend, everyone!

5 comments:

Julee Ann said...

How are ya doin'?

I linked you today, because you're always so dang positive!

Carry on!

Ann-Marie said...

I haven't seen you recently, but Mom was telling me how FANTASTIC you look! Go, you! Keep up the good work!

Katy McKenna said...

Cindy,

I've been familiar with Jimmy for quite a while. Love him! As you know, I've been on a low carb diet (essentially, Atkins) for 8.5 years. I was a borderline diabetic from the age of 25 with very problematic symptoms, but as long as I stay true, my blood sugars are perfect. This is the way of eating for me! No white stuff is the key. Love you!

Katy McKenna www.fallible.com

Carol said...

The Standard American Diet (SAD) most definitely contains more carbs than our bodies need or can handle.

Bravo for Jimmy Moore!

Jane said...

The Atkins Plan does work....I need to get back on it!
I love your blog too. I do love to read. I will back to visit you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails