Monday, December 31, 2007

My "Best of" Posts for 2007


I'm borrowing an idea from Sherry of Semicolon here...digging into the 2007 archives of "Notes in the Key of Life" to showcase what I consider my best posts of the year.

Here we go...


--My first interview with Chip Flaherty of WaldenMedia, about "Amazing Grace"-- I was, and am, intrigued by Flaherty and his brother, who head the company that produced "Amazing Grace" as well as "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," "Bridge to Terabithia," "Charlotte's Web," and others. Flaherty says that rather than curse the darkness of Hollywood, they decided to light a candle. I think that's cool.


--Remembering the poetry of childhood--Responding to Rebecca's call for posts about poetry brought back a lot of good memories for me.


-What's the deal with literary spam?--I blogged about a very strange e-mail phenomenon.


--A tale of two fathers--I contrasted the true stories of two fathers: one who lost his entire family in a tragic flood, and one who is charged with killing his entire family in cold blood.


--Thirteen Things I Miss About My Dad--Funnily enough, I believe some of my Thursday Thirteen posts were among my best. This tribute to my late father was one of them.


--"I am cut"--This post about a controversial song brought a lot of response from people concerned about the practice of anguished young people cutting themselves. (There was more feedback in this post.)


--Thirteen Reasons Why I Love "Lost"--in which I try to explain my passion for this TV show, one of the few shows I watch on a regular basis. It returns January 31st, and I'm really hoping it lives up to my expectations! By the way, (and hat tip to Robin Lee Hatcher), if you'd like a short synopsis of the show so far, you've got to see this 8-minute 15-second video. Just follow the link and click on "Catch up on Lost."


--My interview with Randy Alcorn--Randy's Deadline was one of the best books I read last year, and I really enjoyed getting Randy's "eternal perspective" on the Christian life.


--My second interview with Chip Flaherty of Walden Media--OK, so yes, I enjoy interviewing Chip Flaherty! In this one, he looks back on the success of "Amazing Grace."


--My interview with Francine Rivers-- I was excited to interview one of my very favorite authors and find out that she is indeed working on a new full-length novel.


--Thirteen Pictures of a Year with Payton--Becoming a grandmother was the most wonderful thing that happened to me in 2007! I love this pictorial chronology of Payton's first year.


I hope you'll take a moment to check out a few of these posts. And I do want to wish each of you a happy, blessed and prosperous 2008!

2 comments:

Talk..to..Grams said...

I want to wish you a very Blessed and wonderful New Year!
Karen and Kelly love Lost and my grand daughter Sarah, and I think my grand son Jey does too!!
Love and Hugs, Grams

Norma said...

Have a wonderful year--and keep blogging! Norma

Related Posts with Thumbnails