Friday, October 12, 2007

Happy (belated) blogiversary to me!



I can't believe I missed my own blogiversary!

I had just gotten back from Texas on October 10th. I don't think I went online at all that day, nor had I while I was in Texas.

So here's a belated happy blogiversary to myself. It's hard to believe I've been doing this since October 10th, 2003...there should be four candles on that little cake!

Here's the very first thing I posted:

Well...hello.

I guess this is my introduction to the world of blogging....a modern technological wonder that appears to be tailor-made for people like me, who can't seem to stop putting their thoughts on paper (or cyber-paper, as the case may be!)

I think this is going to be fun!


And it has been fun...which is what keeps me doing it! As I've said before, this is my own little platform...my own little outlet for expressing my thoughts and ideas, and just chatting about things that interest me.

The blog has never gained an enormous readership. I'm no threat to La Shawn Barber, Michelle Malkin or Glenn Reynolds. :) But I'm deeply grateful for those of you who do read and/or comment on a regular basis. And my hope is that this blog will help fulfill my life's mission statement: "O Lord, let your light shine on others through me."

I've stuck with Blogger, and really see no reason to change. However, I do think my blog took a giant leap forward earlier this year when Susie of Bluebird Blogs gave me my own lovely design. I recommend Susie to anyone who would like a blog look that expresses their own individual personality.

Everyone go out and have a wonderful and blessed weekend!

18 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats on your blogging anniversary! You do a great job, I love stopping by!

Ann-Marie said...

Happy Anniversary! Reading your blog is a bright spot in my day. Every day. You know, 'cause I'm 71% addicted.

Barbara H. said...

Happy blogiversary! Wow, four years! That's the longest blogging experience of anyone I know of.

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Rodney Olsen said...

I've been reading and enjoying your blog for most of the time you've been blogging. You've always got something interesting to say. Thanks for all the work you put into blogging.

Baba said...

Cindy, I am new to your blog site for such a short time,but you have made me a daily read of yours.......Thanks for four years and many more to come!!!Enjoy your week-end. Baba

The Beard Bunch said...

Cindy, I haven't checked your blog in awhile, and I was just reading about your diabetes. You may recall, that I am diabetic, and have been since I was eight. Diabetes is a disease, and some days, I want to just yell and scream, "WHY???" But....I often thank God for a disease that I can control....for a disease that I can live with. He has made Himself so real to me because in this area, I have to depend on Him. Overall, I can honestly say, I am thankful. I pray you find this same peace. Michelle

Matt Brown said...

Happy blogiversary, Cindy! I always enjoy stopping by. Hope you had a good time in Texas.

Solameanie said...

"Happy anniversary, baby...got you on my MII-IIIND."

Sorry, Cindy..don't know why, but that little ditty from the Little River Band came into my mind when I saw your post this morning. You know us old radio guys, we've got a song for everything.

Congratulations!

Talk..to..Grams said...

Happy Birthday to your blog!! You know I love comming over here!! You have great posts and a wonderful blog!! Love you, Grams

Lori said...

Congrats!!!! Here's to many many more.

Talk..to..Grams said...

I just wrote a new post and linked you to mine about your 4th Birthday in blogland!! Grasm

Juliet said...

I was encouraged to read about you having blogged for 4 years..I thought it was a new thing:)..little did I know. Ann-Marie got me started on my own and I really thought I would rarely use it..but it really is fun.

Mary said...

Cindy,

Congratulations!!! I have blogged on other sites, but have just started blogging here. What a great difference from other sites. Everyone here is so friendly and kind. I wish you a great week.

Mary

Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary!

Cathy said...

Happy Blogiversary, Cindy. You've been at this a long time. lol, your first post is a short one, like mine.

Randy Spradlin said...

Cindy,

Happy Blog Anniversary! As I keep telling everyone, you have the best blog on the net! However, am I biased? C'mon, it's okay, tell me. Okay, even if I am, you have a great blog. You've encouraged me to keep mine which I have. Even if I don't have a lot of readers, I guess it's kind of an on-line journal for me. Plus, Joel's comments were right on. Us "old" radio people always have a song. Good comment.
Be well,
Randy

Melanie said...

I came over from Grams blog.

Happy Blogiversary to you! I for one had never even heard of blogging 4 years ago.

DK said...

Hi Cindy and Happy Bloggy-aniversary! (Did I spell that right? lol) Four years! That's incredible. All I can say is the web is certainly a much brighter place with you in it.
Keep posting :)
DK

Related Posts with Thumbnails