Thursday, November 11, 2004

Happy Veteran's Day!



My heartfelt thanks and deepest appreciation to all who have served or are serving our country, whether in peace time or war, and my fervent prayers for those in harm's way now in the Middle East.

A cool story

One of my personal heroes, Marine veteran Tim Lee, received this note:

"You touched my life today. You may not remember me...but I carried you on my passenger cart at D/FW Airport. I had a female trainee on my cart driving ..you and I talked.....it was right after you tried to make some upgrade accomodations for a mother on the way to Twenty-nine Palms...for her marine sons funeral. For a tip..you gave me $2.00 and your tract'Deadline VietNam.' I looked at the tract and immeadietly had her return to the gate we dropped you at..so I could find you and return the $2.00 and ask for another tract. We could not find you....you were no where to be found...much like a messanger from god himself...that left after his job was done. I am a former Marine..0311 by MOS...and was in 1stBn7th Marines 1st Marine Div at Chu Lia.

"I have read and re-read the tract...I have been 'corrected' by the Lord..on several occasions...and I prayed the prayer in the tract...with tears in my eyes. You touched my life..during that brief time you were on my cart.

"You said that you have seen me there before at the airport...it is my sincere hope and prayer ...that I get to drive you again. Your tract is now a treasured keepsake and treasure of this day..and my brief encounter with you."

Read or listen to "Deadline Vietnam: The Day My Running Stopped" here.

Once again I'm overwhelmed...

...by the kindness and just downright niceness of 101qfl listeners!

Yesterday, Darren Marlar and I had a "Midday Munch" (kind of a glorified meet-n-greet) at The Square Cow in Durand, IL.

Owner/operator Lynette Mitchell and her delightful family rolled out the red carpet for us. The food was delicious...I got chili and a salad, and even splurged on a chocolate malt, and it was all top-notch. Darren had a double cheeseburger and onion rings, which looked fantastic. I could tell just by looking at the cheeseburger that my husband could love it, so we are definitely going to take a trip out there soon.

Last Saturday, I had the privilege of speaking and singing to the ladies of the Park Hills Evangelical Free Church in Freeport, IL.

Everyone couldn't have been nicer or more hospitable. Many thanks to Cindy and Dawn for planning it all and making the whole experience so awesome.

Each time I speak to a women's group, I think how much I enjoy it and would like to do more of it.

Happy Birthday to Nathan!



And last but not least, happy birthday wishes to my dear nephew Nathan, who (can it be?!?) celebrates his 14th birhday today. Fittingly, Nathan was born not only on Veteran's Day, but also during Operation Desert Shield.

Love you, Nathan!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails