Sunday, August 11, 2013

Visible Monday: The "messy" side pony

As I continue in my journey of trying to be the best woman-of-a-certain-age that I can be, I've been trying to change up my hairstyles.  I don't want to get stuck in a rut.

So, inspired my one of my favorite YouTube tutorialists, Miss Tammy (more about her in a moment), I tried a "messy side bun."


Actually, as you can see, it turned out to be more of a side-pony than a side bun.

I don't think it really matters, though.  The whole point of the side-thingie is to be uber-casual about it.

As it happens, when I wore this look to work this past Friday, two of my co-workers and I were all wearing some form of black with white polka dots.

Susan, me and Linda
Of course, I had to take a pic.

Now about Miss Tammy, aka Uppiesbeads59, aka Crazy Miss Tammy


So, yeah, isn't she ridiculously gorgeous?


I'm not sure just how I came across Miss Tammy on YouTube.  All I know is that, although I love the young YouTube beauty tutorialists, I had really been wanting to find one closer to my age.

Miss Tammy fit the bill perfectly.  I think she's a few years younger than me, but she knows all about the things we women-of-a-certain age are going through, and she's all about aging gracefully, beautifully and elegantly.

And as a professional aesthetician, she can give knowledgeable and practical advice.

Not only that, she's funny and has a great personality. She often slips off into a foreign accent that's so cute...I don't know if it's real or just for fun.

Anyway, I got the side-thingie inspiration from Miss Tammy.  Now, understand that her hair is a lot longer than mine, so she rocks it a lot better.  But I now leave you with her tutorial for the messy side bun.





I'm taking part today in Visible Monday, hosted by Not Dead Yet Style!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Cindy. Your side pony really looks nice. You did a great job. I was going to pull my hair up for work tomorrow, but don't know if I'll have time to work on making it look even half this good. I am going to watch the video right now though.

Unknown said...

I love that side ponytail on you. So cute.

Patti said...

Love the side pony! And thanks for the intro to Miss Tammy - I have some watching to do : > Thanks as always for sharing with Visible Monday!

Unknown said...

Fetching! That's the word that comes to mind ... very flattering as well. I'm impressed, as always, with your turn-out. My hair is the least interesting part of my process, and I need a cut. Perhaps this week ... a good reminder that I should pay more attention to it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails