Friday, August 09, 2013

Five on Friday: Five of My All-Time Favorite Books

Today is National Book Lovers Day, or National Read a Book Day, depending on what link you check out on Google.  Well, I NEVER need an excuse to talk about reading!  And since I'm participating in Five on Friday, I'm sharing five of my favorite books. (Actually, a couple of them are series.  Sorry. :))

Note: this list doesn't include the Bible, which I base my life around and which is in a class by itself.

Here we go:


 Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte

As I've said many, many times on this blog, this is my favorite fiction book OF ALL TIME.  I fell in love with it as a little girl, and still re-read it often.





Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen

It's almost a cliche to love this book now, because so many young women have discovered Jane Austen, and a new generation has fallen in love with Mr. Darcy.  But I've loved it for years, and still re-read it to this day.



The Chronicles of Narnia, by C. S. Lewis

I remember discovering these books as a child, and being awestruck with delight.  Even re-reading them as an adult, the magic is still there.


The Mark of the Lion Series, by Francine Rivers

Set in Rome just after the time of Christ, this series is riveting.  I never thought I was even interested in Roman times until I read these books.  Some of the finest work of a fine writer.

Gone with the Wind, by Margaret Mitchell

The movie has become so iconic, one sometimes forgets that it was based on an incredible book that encapsulates one of the most tumultuous eras of our country.  Really an unforgettable read.

Need more reading suggestions?

Check out my book blog, Cindy's Book Club, where there are lots of reviews!
Cindy's Book Club button

I'm participating today in Five on Friday!

1 comment:

B. said...

I love all those books! I think Withering Heights is my favorite. Have you read the two "sequels" to Gone with the Wind? They are not nearly as good as original but worth the interesting read.

Related Posts with Thumbnails