Tuesday, December 25, 2012

My Favorite (Best?) Posts of 2012

source


2012 wasn't my most prolific blogging year.  As I believe most long-term bloggers do, I went through some slumps.  But I believe I did do some quality blogging, and I thought I'd share what I consider my top 5 posts of this past year.

If you're a new follower, I hope you'll check out some of these oldies-but-goodies! In no particular order...

Adventures in Hair-drying - I take the opportunity afforded by Hair Dryer Appreciation day to reminisce about the ridiculously complicated hair styling routine I endured back in the 70s.

Saturday Review of Books: The Hunger Games - My review of "The Hunger Games" (the book, not the movie) was one of my most-read posts of the year...although I read it seemingly much later than everyone else.

Do You Hate Women Because They're Beautiful? - A British journalist's much-publicized article about how tough it is to be gorgeous prompted this post.

Is There an Expiration Date on Beauty? - When a male magazine editor insinuated that women have a "shelf life" when it comes to beauty and fashion, I asked what my readers thought about it.

The Most Famous Lovers of Literature and History - Somehow this ended up on Pinterest, so it has gotten a lot of views. It's a perfect fit for Valentine's Day, a costume party or just to see how many of them you've ever actually heard of.








1 comment:

Gigi Ann said...

I don't understand Pinterest, but notice a lot of people like it. I am still using my blogs, they keep me busy. I posted my 10 favorite books of 2012, but wouldn't know where to start with favorite posts. Always enjoy reading your posts, but don't always comment, sorry. ; (

Related Posts with Thumbnails