Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Thursday 13: 13 Old-Fashioned Baby Names that are Back in Style

Photo by Brittany Blevins on Flickr.com


"These classic names went out of fashion, but now they're back as parents go vintage" --(from Parenting.com):

1) Clara


2) Eli


3) Naomi


4)  Charlie


5)  Alice


6) Henry


7)  Olive


8) Leo


9)  Lillian


10)  Jasper


11)  Amelia


12)  Everett


13)  Nora


Rounding out the top 20 are Silas, Adeline, Max, Hazel, Owen, Stella, and Oliver.


Go here for a lot more info about the names, their meanings, their re-emergence in popularity, famous people who have them, etc.


For the first time in quite a while, I'm participating in Thursday 13! Go to the link to join the fun

8 comments:

Megan said...

I love vintage names and how beautiful is Clara? I remember watching an episode of Gilmore Girls a while ago and one of the characters names was Clara, I fell in love with it right away :)

Great post and I love that name website.

Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

CountryDew said...

Those are lovely names. They should never go out of style!

Alice Audrey said...

Alice was out of style? Oh. Wait, does this mean there's going to be a bunch more of us around now?

- Alice

I am Harriet said...

My name never makes those darn lists....


Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2012/04/how-does-your-stat-rate-us-peace-index/

Rachel said...

I have nieces named Alice and Naomi!! I like the name Jasper!

Have a great day!

:)
Rachel
http://averyfan.blogspot.com

i beati said...

Nora and Dora were my grandmother and her twin

Anonymous said...

I love the name Jasper and I know an adult named Amelia. One of my daughters has the middle name Alice. it is interesting that names run in cycles like this.

a joyful nusiance said...

I like the name Hazel. I just found out that was my paternal grandmother's middle name. Wish I would have known that 9 months ago!! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails