Monday, April 02, 2012

Miscellany Monday: Things I'm loving right now



Linking up with Miscellany Monday with some things I've been loving lately:

Victorian mysteries: I can't remember just how I stumbled onto Anne Perry's Victorian mysteries, but I keep going to the library to get more!  I started with reading a couple of her Thomas and Charlotte Pitt books.  Then I discovered her William Monk series, and there's been no turning back.  Excellent storytelling, Victorian ambience, and vividly drawn characters.  So far, I'm loving them!

Interestingly enough, the writer herself was convicted of murder in 1954.  Complicated story, but I'm sure it gives a mystery writer a certain edge!

Bel Vita Breakfast Biscuits:  I am so loving these tasty, filling cookies.  They make a great breakfast on the go, or having a couple of them with coffee or tea for a snack.  They're very satisfying and nutritious!  Trouble is, I can't find them everywhere.




Getting together with friends:  Whenever I go for a while without a get-together with friends and/or loved ones, I feel it.  I NEED these times.  On Saturday, my husband and I went with our friends Tom and Kari, and my brother-in-law and sister-in-law Verlyn and Beth, for a late lunch at the wonderful Maggiano's restaurant in Schaumburg.

The food was delicious and the fellowship was wonderful.  Resolved: to make a point to get together with friends more often!

Kari, me, and Beth

Ross Dress for Less:   I had shopped at Ross in Texas, and was happy to see that a store finally opened where I live.

I am so impressed with the selection and the prices!  Recently I bought an awesome Levi denim skirt, which I will wear the heck out of all year long, for $19.99 (the suggested retail price was over 40 dollars.)

And you know how I've been wanting to wear a hat?  (Well, you know now!)  I found the cutest hat, that I'm going to wear for Easter, for $8.99!  Ross is awesome!

So those are just a few of the things I'm enjoying right now.  You can participate in Miscellany Monday too!


Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

4 comments:

Adrienne Shubin said...

Great photo of you and your pretty friends. Makes me miss my old friends....need to make a point to see them soon.

It sounds like you have a great Ross where you live. I have found that some are and some aren't...unfortunately, my local Ross is not great. I stopped going there a couple of years ago.

Looking forward to seeing your Easter hat!

Cindy Swanson said...

Adrienne, I may do a Visible Monday of my Easter ensemble! :)

Cindy Swanson said...

Oh, and our Ross is really new...I hope it doesn't go downhill!

Unknown said...

I love the friend picture :) y'all are having so much fun & it shows! I recently got to visit with special friends and it was a refreshing time

Related Posts with Thumbnails