Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Biggest Loser Update: Finally! The Unknown Trainers Revealed





Listen to my 2 min. 46 sec. Biggest Loser update...just click on the player. (Or read the post below)






Well, the show dragged it out for suspense sake, but we finally got to meet the new trainers on the Biggest Loser last night.

They are Brett Hoebel, who has a background in martial arts and works with celebrities, and Cara Castronuova, a professional boxer.

After getting a good look at them for the first time, I have to wonder if they weren't hired as much for the hotness factor as for their training qualifications! These are two goodlooking people.




They do seem likable. We'll have to see if they're as good as Bob and Jillian at whipping people into shape and helping them drop the pounds--so far, it seems they're doing a good job of it. ("Q" lost 19 pounds, if I'm not mistaken!?!)

I appreciate getting to see more of the other team members, by the way. Just wondering: am I the only one who thought Rulon and Justin were a little heavy-handed in their "encouragement" of their team members to get with it? However, again, it did seem to work, as both the players they were "encouraging" did man up and lose the big numbers.

Dan and Don

It seemed pretty obvious throughout the episode that Dan wanted to go home, and it appears he did what he could to make that happen. However, I can't help but agree with Bob and Jillian that bailing so early is kind of a slap in the face to all the people who would LOVE to have a place at the ranch, but didn't make it on the show.

I understand Dan missing his daughter, but didn't he think about that when he made the decision to be on the show?

In any case...as the show goes along, I'm enjoying getting to know all the players a little better, and seeing how their transformations are already beginning to--no pun intended--take shape.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback in my comments section!

You can subscribe to my podcasts here!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You spoke my mind on this one. I think beyond the shock of each twin gaining 9 pounds was when they showed the kicked off contestant at the end. He had actually lost 74 pounds. So at least he did learn something from being on the ranch.

I wasn't surprised at all about the "hotness" of the new trainers. Ratings, ratings, ratings.

So what do you think about Jillian leaving the show? Bob said he was staying on, but Jillian has already said she's leaving. She said she wants to help a greater number of people. I think she'll have more of her own shows like they had one season before with her going to people's homes.

I'd love to hear you opinion on that.

Thanks for sharing this blog!

Cindy Swanson said...

I didn't realize Jillian was leaving the show. I'll be sad to see her go, but I think the show can survive without her. I think she was actually off one season (before I started watching it), and came back.

Thanks so much for commenting!

Cindy Swanson said...

P.S. Didn't Ali look GORGEOUS at the weigh-in?

Finding Pam said...

Thanks for the update as I missed some of the show last week. Do you think the two new trainers are training for Bob and Jillian's places?

Cindy Swanson said...

Pam, I wouldn't be surprised if the show was at least thinking in that direction. Bob and Jillian have become so popular in their own right, it's understandable that they would be thinking about leaving. They probably want us to get used to the new trainers before that actually happens.

Related Posts with Thumbnails