Thursday, July 06, 2006

More great quotes!



The quotes were such a hit last week, I thought I'd do it again. Thirteen more terrific quotes ( by the way, a few of these are from my own cache of "Quotes o' The Day" written by fellow bloggers!)

"We have become so engrossed in the work of the Lord that we have forgotten the Lord of the work. "-- A.W. Tozer

"We are drifting toward a religion which consciously or unconsciously has its eye on humanity rather than on deity."--Alistair Begg

"I really wouldn't want to be a dumb bimbo. (I'd love to be a hot genius, though.)"--Julie Anne Fidler

"While the Supreme Court debates whether or not to allow the Ten Commandments and other religious displays on public property, let us not forget our freedom to display them on private property, discuss them over coffee, and proclaim them from our pulpits."--Don Elbourne

"The church is the only outfit I know that shoots its wounded."-- Chuck Swindoll

"In Montana, a policeman will pull you over because he’s lonely."-- Rich Hall

"In Hollywood a marriage is a success if it outlasts milk."-- Rita Rudner

"There aren't very many 'Oprah picks' that I have liked. Although every one of them I've read have been beautifully written by writers of superb talent, they have also been stories that left me depressed when I finished them. I am a pragmatic person whose life has been touched by trials and tragedy. I don't need anyone to point out to me that life can be hard and unfair. But I am also a Christian who knows that God is just and righteous, and I have a Father who has given me many promises. My worldview is infused with hope because I stand on the Rock. That worldview infuses my books as well."-- Robin Lee Hatcher

"True worship comes from people who are deeply emotional and who love deep and sound doctrine. Strong affections for God rooted in truth are the bone and marrow of biblical worship." -- John Piper

"You once admired my courage to speak boldly for conservative values. The same courage allows me to speak boldly for the biblical view of the Gospel. If I’ve lost favor with you, so be it. But the courage is still the same, and it will cease for no man."--La Shawn Barber

"I love to go to Washington, if only to be nearer my money."--Bob Hope

"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical."--Yogi Berra

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."--Jack Handey


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails