Monday, December 12, 2005

A Very Brady Christmas?!?

Your Christmas is Most Like: A Very Brady Christmas

For you, it's all about sharing times with family.
Even if you all get a bit cheesy at times.


OK, just thought that would be a fun thing to do on a Monday morning.

I've been enjoying this Christmas season immensely so far. I have totally enjoyed decorating my new home (we've lived here since March). It's the first place I've ever lived that had a fireplace, so decorating the mantel and having an actual place from which to hang stockings has been cool.

Contributing to the overall Christmassy effect has been the fact that we've already had a few lovely snowfalls of the most picturesque, picture-postcard variety. Gorgeous!

And as always, I've been enjoying Christmas music to the hilt. We had our Christmas cantata at church last night...Doug and I both sang in it, and I think it turned out great. It was "If Jesus Had Not Come," by Mac Lynch and Ken Collier. Really beautiful songs, and a touching readers' theater that takes the "It's a Wonderful Life" premise and applies it to the Christmas story--what if Jesus had never been born?

Please don't ask me about Evie...

I've been getting inundated with requests for Evie Tornquist Karlsson music, lyrics, guitar chords, CD's, you name it...but the sad reply is "I don't know!"

Yes, I was able to interview Evie a year ago, and it was a great experience. In the interview, Evie mentioned that she had recorded a new Christmas album and hoped to have it available this Christmas. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get ahold of her to confirm anything. I've e-mailed her repeatedly and have not gotten a reply. Also, I really know nothing about how to find her music. I've suggested E-bay and amazon.com, but other than that, I'm stumped.

I promise, if I hear from Evie, you'll be the first to know.

Thanks for the birthday wishes...

I have to say this birthday (Saturday) was one of the nicest ones in recent memory. I got to spend a lot of quality time with my hubby, and he made it a very special day, as did other friends and loved ones.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails