Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Abercrombie & Fitch pulls racy T-shirts

Wow...a "girlcott" actually worked.

I had mentioned the other day that some girls were protesting what they deemed offensive Abercrombie & Fitch T-shirts. (One of the worst sported the words: "Who needs brains when you have these?") I truly believed the "girlcott" would be a fruitless waste of time. But I'm very happy to be wrong!

From an A & F news release: "We recognize that the shirts in question, while meant to be humorous, might be troubling to some."

Mmm, yeah.

Evie fans, give me some time!

Evie, back in the day

I'm getting inundated with e-mails asking me for info about Evie Tornquist Karlsson, where to buy her CDs, and if the new Christmas album she mentioned in my last interview with her is available.

She has not replied to two e-mails I've sent her...I'm still hoping! In the meantime, I contacted Aaron Pacentine of Videos for Family, who also interviewed Evie and saw her in concert just a month ago. Aaron replied:

"Oh yes, the christmas album. I know when I was at the concert and had met her a month ago she had a CD there 'COME ON RING THOSE BELLS' there were a few new songs on there and all the songs were digital remastered I guess, from what I could tell. The cover was completely different. So I don't know if that was actually the new album she mention(ed) to you a while before... I wrote her regarding getting to find out to order some for my site, cause I know many people would be interested getting them. I have still had a lot of people contact me regarding get much of Evie's music and even some of her old song books."

Aaron, by the way, is a pretty remarkable young man with quite an entrepreneurial spirit.

Anyhoo...as soon as I get any solid info on how to obtain this Christmas CD, I'll let everyone know.

As I've mentioned before, a large chunk of the hits I get on this blog are the result of searches on info about Evie. Her career and ministry are obviously still of great interest to her many fans.

Do you still support the President?



I do...despite the fact that I don't agree with or approve of everything he says and does. I would vote for him again.

These bloggers are rallying for Bush , calling it "an act of rebellion against those who seek to demolish the Bush agenda and nullify the reasons you voted for him."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails