Friday, September 30, 2005

When you were a kid...

...what TV character did you yearn to be?



I was recently asked that question, and I didn't even have to think twice about th answer:

THAT GIRL!!!

Yep, when I was a little girl I wanted to be Marlo Thomas. She was so cute and perky and adorable as "That Girl." Yeah, this was before she got all feminist and married Phil Donahue.

I would have given anything to have coaxed my naturally curly hair into that pert flip. Just think, I could have, if I had just had a really good flattening iron! Unfortunately for me, those hadn't been invented yet!

Her character, Ann Marie, had such a neat life on the show. She was an actress who got into all kinds of kooky situations. And can't you just see her batting her long eyelashes and saying, "Oh, DONALD!"

And the clothes. Oh, she wore the cutest clothes. I swear some of those clothes would be just as cute today.

To a lesser extent, I also wanted to be Barbara Eden/"Jeannie." I thought it would be so cool to have her magical powers.

So what about you? What TV character did YOU want to be?

Happy Friday to all! :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails