Friday, September 23, 2005

Thank Goodness it's Friday!



First and foremost, I want to remember to keep the Hurricane Rita situation in our prayers. I have extended family members in east Texas who could be affected by this. My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you, dear ones!

Yes, the Friday Feast Again!

I really don't have much time to blog today, so once again I give you the Friday Feast. Feel free to answer the questions in my comments section, or post them on your own blog!

Appetizer
Name something someone has done lately that impressed you.--Last night I watched my husband interact with a three-year-old boy who cries when his mom leaves him at daycare. I was so impressed with my husband's spirit and demeanor interacting with this little boy--it gave me a surge of love and admiration for him.

Soup
Do you have any relaxing rituals? If so, what are they?--Oh, definitely. The top priority is a hot bubble bath. I can hardly sleep at night if I don't have my bath, or at least a shower. It's a delightful way to wind down. Other than that, I try to always read a portion of the Bible, then if it's not too late at night, some of whatever fiction book I'm reading. (It helps me relax, but if the book is really good, it keeps me up past my bedtime!)

Salad
If you could spend the winter season somewhere other than your current location, where would you choose to stay?--The Austin, Texas area--home of my son and his wife, my mom, my younger sister and her family, and my brother and his family. Winters may get rainy and sometimes icy, but I've been there in December and January when jackets were unnecessary and the weather was gorgeous. I would choose to go there for the fellowship as much as the mild weather.

Main Course
When was the last time you had dinner out, and what was the name of the restaurant?--Coincidentally, we ate at Giuseppi's last night. It's my favorite Italian restaurant, although it's unimpressive to look at. The food is ridiculously good--I firmly believe they have the best pizza ANYWHERE--and the prices are remarkably reasonable.

Dessert
If you had a boat, what would you name it?--The Dawn Treader. Ever since I fell in love with the Chronicles of Narnia as a child, I've thought that was the coolest name for a seafaring vessel. :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails