Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I don't know about tomorrow...

...but I know Who holds my hand.

That's part of an old Ira Stanphill song that has been going through my head today:

"I don't know about tomorrow; it may bring me poverty.
But the One who feeds the sparrow is the One who stands by me.
And the path that is my portion may be through the flame or flood,
But His presence goes before me and I'm covered with His blood.

"Many things about tomorrow, I don't seem to understand.
But I know Who holds tomorrow, and I know Who holds my hand!"

I don't know what the outcome of the election will be...or even when we'll know that outcome for sure. But I know that a Sovereign God controls the universe, and nothing will come as a surprise to Him.

Of course, that doesn't mean I won't be trotting over to my polling place later today to let my voice be heard!

It's going to be a long day, folks. My God be with all of us.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails