Monday, March 29, 2004

Here we go again...MONDAY....



How does it go by so quickly???

It was a good weekend. Friday night, Doug and Elizabeth and I went to Chili's. I had been craving their chips and salsa for weeks! I could practically drink that salsa, I like it so much. (I also ordered chicken tacos, and had quite a bit left over, so boxed it up and Liz ended up having it for lunch the next day.)

Then, it was over to Ray and Teri's where I finally saw a movie that had been highly recommended to me by several people, but I had just never gotten around to watching--Secondhand Lions. Gotta tell you, I loved it. Robert Duvall, Haley Joel Osment and Michael Caine were all wonderful. It was quirky and entertaining, but gave you some things to really think about as well. There were elements that also strongly reminded me of one of my favorite movies of all time, The Princess Bride. Doug and Elizabeth thought the same thing. Anyone agree?

Saturday morning, I cleaned house and did laundry; Saturday afternoon, went to a baby shower for a little yet-unborn great nephew who is already named Collin. So different from when I was having my babies, and ultrasounds were still s new that they could often be wrong about the baby's sex! I had a friend whose doctor was pretty sure she was having a girl, so my friend decorated the baby's room in feminine pink. Oops! It was a boy. Back then, you tended not to trust the ultrasounds, and could only be sure if you had amniocentesis. Now the technology is so advanced, there's usually no doubt as to whether pink or blue is in order.

Saturday night, another enjoyable evening with friends; Sunday, church morning and night; and here we are on Monday again. And I do the Monday Madness quiz:

1. Describe what you believe is a "good" driver.--Pays attention to what's going on; obeys the rules of the road; is courteous to other drivers; looks out the other guy; doesn't speed excessively or go too slow.

2. Describe a "bad" driver (your opinion of course).--Pretty much the opposite of what I described above! I especially can't stand it when people drive way too fast and show a lack of courtesy for fellow drivers, like cutting you off suddenly and not using blinkers.


3. Which category do you fit in? Please back up your answer. Feel free to use examples!--Well, I think I'm usually a pretty good driver, unless I'm extremely distracted. I've had very few accidents and/or tickets in my driving career. I try to be pretty conscientious, but I sometimes have a tendency to be absent-minded. :( Also, I usually drive 8 to 10 miles over the speed limit! Is that terrible???

Note: I noticed my friend Beth answered the Friday Five in my comments section. Beth, you need your own blog! That would be great. :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails