Thursday, November 04, 2010

Thursday Thirteen: 13 Links to Good Stuff

via

Gotta love Christian Bale as Batman

Yep, I'm doing the Thursday Thirteen again! Here are some links that you might want to bookmark and come back to check out later.

1--Some news for you if you're looking forward to the next Batman film.

2--Today is National Men Make Dinner Day. How many of you guys often do the honors in the kitchen?


Photo by Jason Tromm via

3--Today is also National Candy Day...and here are some tips for storing that left-over Halloween candy.

4--One of the loveliest blogs I've discovered lately is Grow Line--a blog written by a mother and daughter whose goal is to "revive the 'art' of being a lady while encouraging manners and grace. Check out this post about the essence of true beauty.

5--Loving "all things French" as I do, one of my favorite blogs has become Castles, Crowns and Cottages. Although it's not always French-themed, it's always a treat for the eyes...like visiting a favorite home or beautiful little shop. And it IS written by a French teacher, Anita...who is one of the most gracious bloggers I've ever encountered! Enjoy.

6--On This Day in History, 1980: Ronald Reagan won the White House, defeating President Carter by a strong margin.

7--Want some writing tips from an author who was, well, pretty successful? How about Ernest Hemingway? (Via Thunderstruck)

via


8--Why do people continue to be fascinated with Cleopatra? Some interesting thoughts here.

9--OK, I'm all for good nutrition, but I'm NOT for the government mandating it. Happy meals won't be so happy in San Francisco.

10--Have you ever gotten annoyed enough with your husband's snoring to call the police on him? This woman did!

via


11--Just for fun, head over to my book blog,
Cindy's Book Club, and take my "What Kind of Book Person Are You?" quiz!

12--Watching your carbs? Check out DLife's 10 Ways to Carve Thanksgiving Carbs.

13--Want a way to keep track of the hottest pages on the internet? Here's a handy way.

To participate in Thursday Thirteen, just click on the icon!

TTBluedaisy



9 comments:

Danielle said...

National Candy day? ugh! I just tossed mine, they should make it, October 31st and then today...national throw out your left over candy day! Good List. We loved the Batman movies!

Anonymous said...

I won't let my husband cook anymore. He puts Tabasco in Everything.

CountryDew said...

Interesting list. I wish I had known about the husband cooking day before I bought chicken to fix for dinner!

Living It, Loving It said...

I am down for number 2 although I am not sure what to expect because cereal for dinner doesn't do it for me. I was laughing so hard at the snoring husband one. See, I just got my own room. :-) It is my hideaway for when the snoring really gets to me and it's mine - no farting, no I am tired honey, I can hog the bed and not worrying about the sharing the covers, etc.

Unknown said...

I will have to come back and revisit your page. Some interesting links I'd like to explore.
Happy T13!

Mia Celeste said...

National Candy Day? Cool. I've got to get some. :)

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What an interesting list and I visited a few of the links. How convenient to have National Candy Day a few days after Halloween. :o)


Blessings to you!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

CINDY DEAREST! Oh, I saw your lovely post yesterday at a quick glance from work, but unable to comment. THEN I SEE YOUR LOVELY COMMENT! THank you for commenting on my art work. I haven't drawn in 40 years, but just in the last year, thanks to blogging, have started again. Really, since I was about 12, I stopped. AND I would like to publish stories with my own drawings! OH, TELL YOUR DAUGHTER TO DEVOUR AND LISTEN TO REPEATEDLY FRENCHH MOVIES AND MUSIC. THAT IS HOW I LEARNED and I started at the age of 34. I am a licensed teacher with 2 types of licenses and with a B.A. in French!!!! So there is hope; but perseverance must be the key! BONNE JOURNÉE! Anita

Unknown said...

What an awesome list, full of information I did not know. LOL! Thanks for stopping by my TT. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails