My sister sent e-mailed me this quiz today, and I thought it would be fun to post it here...AND to ask you to participate! Answer the questions, either in my comments section or on your own blog...and if you do so on your blog, be sure to leave a link.
The picture at right, by the way, is my livingroom decked out for Christmas dinner last year.
Here we go:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper unless I’m in an enormous hurry. I learned to wrap beautifully while working one Christmas season at a local gift shop
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial
3. When do you put up the tree? After Thanksgiving day—but I’m not planning on putting one up at all this year, because we’re planning on going home to Texas for Christmas!
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually after New Year's day—unless I get really sick of it and take it down right after Christmas…
5. Do you like eggnog? It’s OK…just the non-alcoholic version. I got sick on it one year and avoided it for years, but now I can handle it in small doses
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A baby doll when I was about in the second or third grade. I had seen it at a department store and coveted it, so I was so happy when I got it! Other than that, I would have to say books were my favorite gifts
7. Hardest person to buy for? My father-in-law
8. Easiest person to buy for? Elizabeth
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, I do now—a gift from a friend a couple of years ago
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Try to mail them
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? There’s a long story behind this, but—a comb
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Absolutely “It’s a Wonderful Life”—I cry every time!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Way too late
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don’t honestly think so…
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Marshmallow Fudge…although now that I’m diabetic, I can’t consume it in the mass quantities I used to!
16. Lights on the tree? Of course...and next year, God willing, I will get a PRE-LIT tree!
17. Favorite Christmas song? Traditional carol: Hark the Herald Angels Sing Newer: Chris Rice's "Welcome to our World" and Mark Lowry's “Mary Did You Know?”
8. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Have done both--plan to travel this Christmas!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? I think so--as long as I'm singing the song!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither…an enormous bow
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Usually Christmas Eve. My husband is Swedish-American, and I understand Swedes celebrate on Christmas Eve...that seems to hold true with his family and now, ours
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The traffic! I have very little patience for it. And rude salespeople...and long lines.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I’ve been doing burgundy and gold for the past few years…honestly, I’m a little tired of it.
24. Favorite dessert for Christmas dinner? Pumpkin pie, with cool whip on top and a good cup of coffee!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? For all of my family and friends to be safe, healthy and happy...and to spend Christmas with my precious little grandson
26. Any special Christmas traditions? No unusual ones
Now your turn!