As I always say when I do a TT like this: you may want to bookmark this page and come back later, if there are links you want to check out. Happy TT!
1. You know those "best movie" countdowns? Here's a completely different (and very cool!) one. A must-see if you're a film buff at all. (Hat tip to Angela Hunt.)
2. Want to see how you'd look with a completely different hairstyle or color? My daughter and I had a blast yesterday with the Marie-Claire Virtual Makeover.
3. Focus on the Family's Dr. James Dobson apparently won't be supporting Fred Thompson for President.
4. I dropped out of watching "24," partially because of the intense violence, partially because my favorite characters kept getting killed off. But this may make me come back: Is Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard) returning? (You may have to scroll down a bit to get to the article).
5. As far as word-of-mouth goes, I have heard nothing but positive superlatives about 3:10 to Yuma.
6. Speaking of Russell Crowe--my son Justin is much cuter, but several people think Justin bears a certain resemblance to the actor.
7. Conservative Christian uber-blogger La Shawn Barber was featured on "The Daily Show." She talks about it here.
8. Eddie Haskell is suing the Screen Actors Guild??? You know who I mean...Ken Osmond from "Leave it to Beaver."
9. USA Today panned "Kid Nation": " Whatever dangers the kids on Nation may have faced, the only risk posed to viewers by last night's premiere was death by boredom."
10. I'm hooked on "The Biggest Loser" now. But...my goodness...the work-outs those people endure! I'm afraid I'd be dropping dead of a heart attack.
11. I've really been enjoying apples a lot lately.
12. I like the take Solo Femininity has on those magazine articles that tell you how to look good at 20...30...40...etc:
You would think that women's magazines, of all publications, would be the ones to resist this kind of limited definition of feminine appeal. If you look closely at the models presented on these covers, it's hard to tell the difference between the decades. But life experience would teach you that it's impossible to maintain this standard in succeeding decades. The implication is that women have no use or beauty in the second half of life.
13. If you've ever tried to give up Diet Coke (or pop of any kind, for that matter), you'll relate to this original poem by Tancy.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants