Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thirteen Things to Tell You About



Carlos Bernard

As I always say when I do a TT like this: you may want to bookmark this page and come back later, if there are links you want to check out. Happy TT!

1. You know those "best movie" countdowns? Here's a completely different (and very cool!) one. A must-see if you're a film buff at all. (Hat tip to Angela Hunt.)

2. Want to see how you'd look with a completely different hairstyle or color? My daughter and I had a blast yesterday with the Marie-Claire Virtual Makeover.

3. Focus on the Family's Dr. James Dobson apparently won't be supporting Fred Thompson for President.

4. I dropped out of watching "24," partially because of the intense violence, partially because my favorite characters kept getting killed off. But this may make me come back: Is Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard) returning? (You may have to scroll down a bit to get to the article).

5. As far as word-of-mouth goes, I have heard nothing but positive superlatives about 3:10 to Yuma.

6. Speaking of Russell Crowe--my son Justin is much cuter, but several people think Justin bears a certain resemblance to the actor.



7. Conservative Christian uber-blogger La Shawn Barber was featured on "The Daily Show." She talks about it here.

8. Eddie Haskell is suing the Screen Actors Guild??? You know who I mean...Ken Osmond from "Leave it to Beaver."

9. USA Today panned "Kid Nation": " Whatever dangers the kids on Nation may have faced, the only risk posed to viewers by last night's premiere was death by boredom."

10. I'm hooked on "The Biggest Loser" now. But...my goodness...the work-outs those people endure! I'm afraid I'd be dropping dead of a heart attack.

11. I've really been enjoying apples a lot lately.

12. I like the take Solo Femininity has on those magazine articles that tell you how to look good at 20...30...40...etc:

You would think that women's magazines, of all publications, would be the ones to resist this kind of limited definition of feminine appeal. If you look closely at the models presented on these covers, it's hard to tell the difference between the decades. But life experience would teach you that it's impossible to maintain this standard in succeeding decades. The implication is that women have no use or beauty in the second half of life.


13. If you've ever tried to give up Diet Coke (or pop of any kind, for that matter), you'll relate to this original poem by Tancy.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



10 comments:

Addicted to crafting said...

cool TT!!! Mine is up thenononsense.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Interesting list (esp. the parts about Dobson and Osmond).

Unknown said...

I like your blog. I remember Rich Mulling being killed so well...it IS hard to believe it was ten years ago. I liked the quote about women's magazines and how they portray women.

Karla Porter Archer said...

fun list, Cindy!

I love the quote about Kid Nation.

Blessings,
Karla

Jane said...

What a great list. I am definitely going to check out some of these links.
Your son DOES favor Russell Crowe....does it help him with the ladies?????
Thanks for coming by my T13 and I know you will enjoy your visit with your precious grandchild in October!

Cindy Swanson said...

Hi Jane! My son really got the Russell Crowe comments back when Crowe starred in "Gladiator." I don't think Crowe is aging very well, but he's still attractive, and THAT VOICE.

I don't know if the resemblance helps Justin with the ladies, but I know he doesn't have a bad temper--he definitely hasn't thrown a phone at anyone lately. :)

Lazy Daisy said...

Hi Cindy, I'm a friend of Jane's and loved your T13. I did check out some of your links....I think we are from the same tribe and same clan. My kids went to ACC....Rich Mullins used to do a Christmas concert there every year. Thanks for the shout out to one of my Christian heroes.

Anonymous said...

I loved Carlos Bernard on 24 - and I would love to see him back. But he died! Of course, this is 24, so anything's possible.

Anonymous said...

I was surprised to hear about Tony coming back, but now that i think about it, I don't know if we actually saw him die. We saw him injected and then pass out...maybe he was only "mostly dead" a la the man in black on "The Princess Bride." :)

Loved the 100 movies and the poem about giving up diet coke!

Thanks for adding me to your blogroll. :)

Barbara said...

I've never given up a diet coke or anything (#13), but I did give up Coffee around July 1st and haven't touched a drop since. I like the poem, but I'm not in withdrawal. I just drink my water every morning with breakfast and most times at other meals. Sometimes I get cola when we are eating at a fast food or maybe tea. I think, when you set your mind to something, you can do it with ease. But, I've never had a problem with having to have coffee to stay awake.

Related Posts with Thumbnails