Wednesday, September 05, 2007

D. James Kennedy Passes Away



Dr. D. James Kennedy, pastor of Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church in Florida and founder of the Truths that Transform Radio Ministry, died this morning at the age of 76.

This is a quote from a website devoted to Kennedy:

“Now, I know that someday I am going to come to what some people will say is the end of this life. They will probably put me in a box and roll me right down here in front of the church, and some people will gather around, and a few people will cry. But I have told them not to do that because I don’t want them to cry. I want them to begin the service with the Doxology and end with the Hallelujah chorus, because I am not going to be there, and I am not going to be dead. I will be more alive than I have ever been in my life, and I will be looking down upon you poor people who are still in the land of dying and have not yet joined me in the land of the living. And I will be alive forevermore, in greater health and vitality and joy than ever, ever, I or anyone has known before.”

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to visit your site. I have seen you around at many of my friends sites and decided it was time to visit you for myself. I loved hearing your voice on your welcome message. I hope to stop back again :)

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I've never heard of Dr. Kennedy, but apparently he had his priorities right.

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comment. I enjoyed my time here.

Diane

Catherine said...

Wow - I came for WW, but am grateful to know this. I listened to him when i was a kid...

Thanks for you comment today - its nice to "meet" you. :)

Catherine

Anonymous said...

I did not know he passed away until I read your blog. I have seen him on TV a number of times. Very sad.

Donetta said...

Thank you for sharing this. My the years fly by.

Norma said...

I had not heard about his death. I have some of his tapes and have often heard him on the radio.

Donna-Jean Breckenridge said...

We were away yesterday, and I heard about Dr. Kennedy's death on Christian radio. We were very saddened to hear it.

I had the privilege of hearing him preach years ago, and my parents have gone to the annual "Reclaiming America" conference at Coral Ridge (a church building, by the way, that is a magnificent work of art).

It is a hard thing to hear another light has gone out. It makes our own task that much more important - to keep shining.

Related Posts with Thumbnails