Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Survivor" cast member is a Christian radio personality



It's been a while since I've watched "Survivor," but this might bring me back: one of the cast members of the upcoming season--Survivor: China--is Charlotte, North Carolina Christian radio personality Leslie Nease.

Leslie is a former Mrs. North Carolina and the author of a book, Body Builders: Cross Training. She's off the airwaves while taping the show in China, but she usually is a mid-day announcer at New Life 91.9 in Charlotte.

Station manager Joe Paulo says:

"We are really excited for Leslie. She has an adventurous spirit and has
wanted to be a part of this reality show for quite some time, so it seems
like a natural thing for her to finally be a part of the cast. Our staff and our listeners know Leslie has a heart passionate for both God and other people. It is going to be fun cheering her on as a lot of other people get to meet the Leslie we
know and love."


Leslie's daughter Stephanie will be blogging about her mother's experiences here starting September 21st.

The show begins its 15th edition on September 20th.

7 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

I never could get into Survivor. Too many bugs and icky things. Will they get to eat in this Chinese version? I mean, like order Chinese? I'd watch it then.

Cindy Swanson said...

Yeah...with Survivor, you get the impression everyone smells awful and everyone's starving. Compare that to "Lost," where the ladies often look like they just stepped out of the shower (even after the hatch exploded!), and people seem to fare quite well with fish, boar and island fruit. :)

Talk..to..Grams said...

I haven't watched Survior for a long time!! But like you this might make me come back and watch it!! My girls and grandkids like Lost a lot!!

Anonymous said...

I always say an extra prayer for Christians on reality TV shows. It's shocking how many people judge the entire church of God based on the behavior of one person.

Cindy Swanson said...

Ganns, you're so right!

Karla Porter Archer said...

Cindy --

I just noticed that she went to my college too. She would have (probably) been there when I was there... interesting!

Blessings,
Karla

Ashley said...

Cindy, I was enjoying reading Stephanie's blog about her mom's Survivor experience, then all of a sudden it wasn't there anymore! Do you have any idea what happened?

Related Posts with Thumbnails