Wednesday, January 03, 2007

2007: Predictions, anyone?

I suppose it's par for the course. Everyone seems to be hailing the start of a new year by coming out with their predictions and prophecies for 2007.

How "doom-and-gloom" is Pat Robertson's prophecy? The televangelist claims the Lord has told him that a terrorist attack will cause a mass killing in the US in late 2007. Now, if I recall correctly, Pat doesn't have an outstanding track record with his prophecies. I'm pretty sure he predicted a US tsunami for 2006, and that didn't happen. (No Pat, heavy rains don't count.)

Not only that, I don't believe I'm obligated to believe any prophecy that is above and beyond what I find in the Bible. How do I know if a modern-day "prophet" just didn't have too much pizza before going to bed? Of course, a terrorist attack could happen...that's the day and age we live in. But I don't plan to lose any sleep over Pat's predictions.

How about some predictions that we can be pretty sure WILL come true? My 101QFL co-host, Darren Marlar, has come out with this list of predictions I think we can safely say will happen, including these:

"--Donald Trump will fire someone.
--OJ Simpson will not find the killer.
--Nothing real will be seen on reality TV.
--A rap song will come out that sounds just like a lot of other rap songs, but it will be a big hit anyway... just like the others."

I thought I would add a couple of my own:

--The Academy Awards will give its gushing favor to any movie that is depressing/politically correct/ultra-gay-friendly/anti-American...take your pick.

--Liberals and the mainstream media will continue to trumpet anything negative about President Bush.

--Pop princesses with little or no talent will continue to be seen all over TV and the printed page getting drunk and acting like idiots, or just being vapid.

Speaking of my last prediction, stay tuned at the end of this post for Quote o' The Day, this one from my friend Joel Griffith.

But now, a challenge: do you have any predictions for 2007? Real, tongue-in-cheek or whatever, please add them to my comments section. Or blog about them and I'll link you here.

And now...

Quote o' the Day

"I really don't want to see blurred photos of a pantie-less Britney Spears getting out of a car. I don't care if she passes out at a nightclub. Insert the name of said celebrity in said misbehavior. Any one or two will do. I don't watch the news for that purpose. If I want to know what these fudgeheads are doing, I can buy a National Enquirer or Globe at the supermarket (which I won't). That's where it belongs. Not on a national newscast." Joel Griffith of The Seventh Sola

Related Tags:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails