Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday



I'm taking part in a bloghop I've never done before...it's called "What I'm Loving Wednesday," and it's hosted by Jamie at This Kind of Love.  Looks like fun!

Here are some of the things I'm loving lately:

1) The amazing fall colors here in Northern Illinois.  Sadly, many of the leaves have already departed, but there are still some to enjoy, and I've been madly snapping pictures to try to preserve the beauty.  Above is a collage of some of the favorites I took.


Here's a larger view of one of my favorites, taken on Calvin Park Boulevard in Rockford, IL.

2) Autumn decorating.  Below is an idea I got from Pinterest...I think it turned out pretty well!



3) The Nexus 7 mini-tablet that I won!


It's like a small iPad, basically.  One of the things I'm loving most about it is that I've loaded the Kindle app on it, so I can use it as an e-reader.  Yay!

I didn't even know I was "entered" to win this.  I won it from our local newspaper, the Rockford Register Star, just because I followed them and re-tweeted them in September.  What a happy surprise when I got an e-mail saying I had won it!

4) Modern Technology.  Thanks to that, while my husband has been away on a trip that took him to see our children and granchildren in Texas, I immediately got to enjoy images like this:




and this...



5) MyFitnessPal.com Thanks to this wonderful site, I've been rejuvenated in my health and fitness efforts!  It's keeping me accountable in a way I haven't been for a long time.  I'm excited about my progress.



Go here to participate in What I'm Loving Wednesday!





3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Love that fall foliage photo!

a joyful nusiance said...

I really like myfitnesspal. I think I should start using it again. Well...maybe. ;)

LeeAnne, Style N Season said...

I miss autumn! Here in Indonesia we only have dry season and rainy season. While I love it that we have sunny days most time of the year, sometimes I miss the feeling of the "changing season and colors"!

Visit me:
LeeAnne, Style N Season
http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails