Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Oh, How Pinteresting: Retro Style



I have a board on Pinterest devoted to Retro Style. I love the styles of yesteryear, especially when they would fit right in today! Enjoy...







I would totally wear seamless hose...I think they're adorable!





Pencil-thin eyebrows notwithstanding, Greta Garbo's elegance is timeless.



Let's not forget the gents!  Cary Grant was amazing, so sophisticated...makes me wish men still wore hats.



How amazing is this silk derby hat?  It looks like it could have been worn aboard the Titanic.



Very Gatsby-esque...and I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of this kind of style when the movie comes out!



I'm participating today in Oh, How Pinteresting, hosted by the Vintage Apple!

Click on the icon...and DO leave a comment, please!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos of yesteryear. I adore the luscious fabrics and meticulous accessories of those times. Sometime we've lost today in some ways.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to follow you on Pinterest. I recently won a box of kid gloves at an auction we attended and I've been enchanted every since with that aspect of retro style. Agree absolutely about Garbo!

Kathleen said...

I love classic style as well. I agree with your prediction about cloche hats.

Sammantha said...

people were just so classy back then, were they not? Lol, love your blog lady :)

Stop by and say hi sometime!
www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com

Erin O'Riordan said...

I love the vintage glam! Great post.

Related Posts with Thumbnails