Monday, December 12, 2011

Visible Monday: a beauty-full birthday gift



Saturday was my birthday. And while I don't relish the idea of admitting to being another year into middle age, it's a lot better than the alternative :), and I'm just shallow enough to enjoy being made a fuss over on my special today.

Hubby came through. He took me out to a lovely brunch at one of my favorite eateries, Egg Harbor. A high school musical ensemble was there, serenading the diners with gorgeous Christmas carols.

Afterwards, we went to the mall and he bought me what I asked for: a bottle of Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude perfume, and the blockbuster make-up kit that's an Estee Lauder Christmas season special.




As I get older, it's even more important to me that my make-up look pretty, appropriate but as enhancing as possible. I'm a make-up junkie, so I'm like a kid in a candy store with this kit!

Not shown in the picture is another sweet little bag that looks like a clutch (it would be perfect for a Christmas party), an assortment of make-up brushes and a pretty purse mirror.

My family in Texas had already celebrated my birthday when I was there a week ago, so I had a really wonderful birthday this year.

Another year older, I'm even more committed to be the very best woman-of-a-certain-age that I can be...and one of the things that has been helping me lately is following the bloggers who take part in Visible Monday, hosted by Not Dead Yet Style. Check out the fabulous participants!

(Oh, a quick word about what I wore. The beautiful and comfortable gray V-neck sweater is from the Ann Taylor outlet in the Round Rock Outlet Mall. The scarf is from one of my favorite accessories places, Charming Charlie's. Love!)

3 comments:

Patti said...

Happy birthday, Cindy! You look so happy and radiant here, I know it was a good one. Love that makeup collection - it looks very lush and full of good times : > Thanks so much for linking up to Visible Monday!

Style Journey said...

Happy Birthday! Make up is exciting no matter what age you are, and you look fabulous :)

Heather & Kayla

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! You look gorgeous~
I celebrated mine a few weeks ago. Are you a scorpio too?

Related Posts with Thumbnails