Friday, December 02, 2011

A Christmas Brunch

via Stone Gable

I've been having so much fun visiting family here in Texas! Tonight, my family is going to celebrate my birthday early (it's actually December 10th), I get to eat at my favorite Mexican restaurant (Chuy's), and have cake and ice cream.

Tomorrow, I'm excited to be the speaker at the ladies' Christmas Brunch at my family's church, Faith Baptist in Round Rock.

I'm also going to be making this wonderful casserole. It couldn't be easier to make, and it turns out absolutely delicious!


French Toast Casserole

1 1/2 stick of Butter
1 1/2 cups of Brown Sugar
Cinnamon
1 Loaf of Bread
2 cups of Milk
6 eggs

Melt 1 1/2 sticks of butter
Stir in 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon to make a paste substance
pour into bottom of a 9 1/2 X 13 pan
Cut crust off of bread (give crust to birds :))
Align bread in pan making 2 layers
In a separate bowl mix 2 cups of milk
1 tsp. of cinnamon
6 eggs
Pour mixture over bread in pan; cover and refrigerate overnight.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes; till top has raised a bit and looks brown.

2 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Wow, Cindy, you are not far from me! I am just down I35 in San Antonio...welcome to Texas!! I really like this table setting..so cute with the peppermint sticks around the candles! Enjoy your stay with us...the weather just turned pretty yukky!!

Fash Boulevard said...

adore this. amazing post, love. I hope you had a fabulous weekend. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear what you think of my Holiday party post. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails