Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Biggest Loser Update: Off and Running!

(Note: My "update" of The Biggest Loser is really more about my impressions than an actual retelling of everything that happened in the show)

So, one of my favorite shows ever is back! Here are some of my thoughts:

Dolvett (one of the new trainers)-I think I love him. Not only does he have a smile that would light up Dallas, he seems to be the perfect mixture of tough and caring. I'm looking for good things from him.

The age factor: I'm not sure how I feel about the teams being divided up according to age.

I know Survivor did this before, but I just don't see how older people can compete with younger ones...even morbidly obese younger ones. Maybe they'll prove me wrong. They didn't seem to slack off in the weight loss department last night.

And--I know this is terrible, because I would actually be IN the oldest group--the older ones just kind of bore me a little. Not necessarily because of their age, but their personalities just don't appeal to me very much, at least at this point.

And one more thing. It never ceases to amaze me that some people come on the show and are surprised by the intensity of the workouts. Do you not WATCH THE SHOW???? I can clearly see how hard the work-outs are, which is one reason I would never try to go on the show!

Anna--Put me in the jury's-still-out category. Sure, she's a great athlete, but possessing skills and abilities doesn't always equal being able to parlay them to others. She is definitely no Jillian.

She does seem sweet...but her attempts at being hard-nosed and tough came off a bit lame, at least for me.

Bob, of course, is still wonderful Bob--a mainstay of the show. His talk with Antone--the former NFL player--was classic Bob, clearly indicative of the way he can motivate people with a combination of tough love, genuine compassion, and belief in what they can accomplish. No wonder people love him so much.

Do you have a favorite yet? I don't...I think it's going to take at least one more show before everyone starts to gel and you really see what they're like. I must say, I'm rooting for Antone to succeed.

What do you think about the new season? Any thoughts on Anna and Dolvett? Let me know in my comments section!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love Bob and Dolvett! Anna, I'm waffling on right now. I really liked how she ran out to meet her team as they made their way to the finish line, and I liked her compassion with her team when that lady's dad passed away. But yeah, she's having a hard time being tough.

I was glad to see Debbie go home. I was fine with her until the team was talking before the elimination vote. When she started going on about how the other lady annoyed her sometimes, I thought that was uncalled for. (I can't remember all the names right now...)

No favorite players for me yet, but it usually takes several episodes for me to see their more consistent behaviors.

I loved seeing the previews for the season, though. I can't wait to see Olivia and Hannah back for a visit! And Drew Brees! Wow!

Oh, and ITA re: workout intensity on the first day. This is only my third season to watch and I already get it!

Leelee said...

I am excited for the new season and REALLY miss Jillian! I think I'm going to like Dolvett. Anna seems like a great girl, just not sure how tough she can be. The only thing that bothered me is that Bob mentioned the former football player laying on the floor crying like a baby, way too many times... Looking forward to Tuesday night!

Related Posts with Thumbnails