Monday, June 21, 2010

My Quest to Lose 10 Pounds Continues...



After a satisfying 4-pound weight loss last week, today's weigh-in wasn't quite as satisfactory...but it was still a loss.

I lost 1 lb., for a total of 5 lbs lost so far in my Quest to Lose 10 Pounds.

I believe I can look back on a good week. I did well with my eating--with the exception of a couple of small slip-ups involving light ice cream, but I never said I was going to completely deprive myself.

I exercised every day except Friday and Sunday, and worked out with weights 3 times--something I had completely stopped doing for quite some time (although I never stopped doing cardio.)

All in all, I'm not discouraged about just the one pound loss...although I would really like to lose more than that this week.

But, I'm halfway to my goal, so I'm not complaining!

Let me know if you're trying to lose weight and get fit as well. I'd love to share the journey with others!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Congrats! Mine was going well until yesterday. I forgot to make myself half a sandwich (instead of a whole one) at lunch, then I ate two Oreos. We went to an outlet mall for a little shopping and we ended up having hand-dipped ice cream bars for a snack. After watching Toy Story 3 (excellent movie!), we ate supper at a pizza buffet. Those really do me in, not only because I want to get my money's worth, but I LOVE pizza! I did go for my routine evening walk, though. And today I burned almost as many calories as I ate. (Swimming for an hour helped with that!) As soon as I finish cleaning the kitchen, I'll be venturing out for my walk again, burning off more.

Little slip-ups here and there don't hurt, as long as you don't look at it as a failure and give up on the healthy part of things. Still, it's good to be vigilant about not giving in too much. (I'm passing up a pizza buffet lunch tomorrow since I just did that last night, though it's really hard!)

Good work, Cindy! Keep it up and keep it off! :o)

Barbara said...

Congratulations on your loss,Cindy. I lost 15 lbs and now I've put back on 10 or 11 of those! That's because I have to stay with my Mother during the day 5 days a week. So I actually eat more than if I was home, and get hardly any exercise. I need to get back to walking or buy me a new treadmill. But I need to lose about 30, but nobody thinks I need to lose. BUT I know and so do my clothes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails