Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I talk with Karen Kingsbury



I was delighted to interview author Karen Kingsbury the other day. While I've read many of Karen's books, and enjoyed them thoroughly, this interview wasn't in support of one particular book. Karen is one of the featured speakers for the Extraordinary Women conferences, one of which is coming to Rockford October 10th and 11th.

Karen was a lot of fun to talk with. Her books have been amazingly successful, with nine of them hitting the number-one spot on the USA Today or New York Times bestselling list.

Her ministry has moved beyond writing to true activism, with her Red Gloves books sparking community projects across the country.

Click the link below to hear a condensed version of our radio interview (about 3 minutes.)

Karen Kingsbury Mini-interview


So many books, so little time...




I've been reading some really good books lately.

--I just interviewed Patti Lacy about her riveting An Irishwoman's Tale, and I'll be blogging about that interview shortly. (I've got to say, Patti's description of her visit to Ireland to do research for the book only made me want to go there more.)

--I took another trip to a parallel world with Sharon Hinck's The Restorer's Journey. Once again I marveled at Sharon's beautiful writing and captivating way of weaving a story. If you haven't read this series yet--even if you think you aren't into the fantasy genre--do. It's that simple.

1 comment:

Juliet said...

Great interview with Karen Kingsbury...will check out her website.

The conference at First EV sounds great, but we will be out of town.

Related Posts with Thumbnails