Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Gobble Gobble Recipe Event!


(scroll down if you're here for Thursday Thirteen)


I am all for some good traditional Thanksgiving food. But I also like to mix things up (much to the irritation of my "don't-mess-with-a-good-thing" husband). I've enjoyed making cranberry-orange sauce... pecan stuffing... pumpkin cheesecake...

And this year will be no different. I'm interested in what y'all are making for your Thanksgiving meal. We all know the tried-and-true recipes... But what do you do differently to make the holiday meal extra special?--Karla of Looking Towards Heaven


Karla at Looking Towards Heaven is sponsoring a bloggy recipe event today. Post a recipe and stop back and her place to let her know you did!

My contribution? Well, since I hope to not completely blow my diet on Turkey Day, I'm going to bring a carb-friendly dish that has gotten rave reviews in the past from people who had no earthly idea that it's low-calorie and low-sugar. Let's just not tell them, OK?

WEIGHT WATCHERS GRAHAM CRACKER DESSERT

--Graham crackers (your choice...I use the chocolate ones)
--2 boxes fat-free, sugar free vanilla OR white chocolate Jello pudding
--3 cups milk
--1 carton Cool Whip (fat free or sugar free if you wish)
--chocolate syrup

Make pudding with 3 cups of milk. Mix the Cool Whip in with it.

Line 9 by 13 pan with graham crackers (don't crush them, just lay them flat...you'll have to break them off some to make them fit).

Cover with pudding/Cool Whip mixture.

Add another layer of graham crackers. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.

This does not have to be frozen, but if you put it in the freezer for a while, it tastes like ice cream sandwiches. It really tastes like something sinfully fattening, but it isn't at all!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails